Fairly Simple Question About Windows 7 and 2 hard drives

I currently have a dual boot of Windows Vista Ultimate on one hard drive and Windows 7 RC1 on the other and was planning on

upgrading to Windows 7 ultimate. I have could either upgrade my Vista hard drive which would be easy or I could upgrade the

release candidate Windows 7 which is a fresh install on a new drive. Which should I put Windows 7 on?
4 answers Last reply
More about fairly simple question windows hard drives
  1. Either upgrade Vista (if you are going from 32 bit to 32 bit version or 64 to 64 bit) or do a clean install of Windows 7.
    If going from 32 bit to 64 bit a clean install will be required in any case.
    Windows 7 RC1 is not a valid upgrade path and not recommended or supported by Microsoft.
  2. Its almost always best to do a clean install.
    I know its more of a pain in the ass, but theres allot of free software that can bundle your programs together to make the re-installation easier. Just google them, or perhaps search download.com for them.
  3. I cannot stress enough the value of a clean install. Unless you have a specific reason for going the upgrade route, don't.
  4. @gamecrazychris:

Jonmor68 is absolutely correct. If you still need help with Windows 7, feel free to ask us questions on Twitter @MSSpringboard (the official Windows IT Pro feed).

Hope you got your PC to work perfectly!

Alex
    Microsoft Windows Client Team
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 Hard Drives Windows Vista