• XFX 850W Black Edition Modular

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

iiv

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Yo,

Which is better ?

For the XFX PSU. Is there any problem with that PSU? bcoz when i go xfx website it doesn't show the psu name.

-CORSAIR TX850 V2

-XFX 850W Black Edition Modular PSU (P1-850B-CAG9)

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Yeah, both are good units, you just have to choose whether or not you want the modular one for better cable management and spend a little more money.

I just got a non-modular a day ago, I already kinda wish I had sprung for a modular one instead.

Cable Management is underrated.

Whenever I get another one I intend to get a modular one even if its $20 more.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Then go for the modular XFX Black edition. The Corsair TX is not modular.

I would never buy a non modular PSU again after having modular.

The extra cords don't really bother me too much because I have them diverted outside of the case, but they are a minor annoyance.

I think I am probably the only person that sets their computer up this way, but it does leave all the cords out of sight for the most part, even the ones in use.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011

I agree with Gotham, if its the same price, go for the modular. More flexibility and the same performance for the same price.

It depends on if you can easily see that side of the case.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
So you'd rather have cables out on show rather than inside your case hiden, yeah that makes a lot of sense. I think everyone sees the outside of their case more than the inside of it, so having cables outside kind of defeats the purpose of cable management unless of course you have a nice window panel on the side, but still it defeats the purpose.

trihedral

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
XFX Has good style and they've been long trust.

On the other hand, Corsair has been making good power units for awhile now and has good reviews. Go toward whichever you believe in.

Trust vs Proven To be Good