Feignx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103172

I bought this computer a while back and have been wanting to upgrade it so it can run pretty much any game with respectable settings

I do need a new PSU as the one that came with this one is only 250 or 350 watts.

It has one PCI Express x16 slot available. Not 2.0 so

Basically, I want to upgrade the PSU, Processor, and Graphics card for 300 dollars or lower.. I want to play Aion the game at pretty much max settings. My computer can currently play it ..but pretty much at minimum settings. I also upgraded to Windows 7 recently. Thanks for helping!

jbakerlent

Distinguished
^+1 on graphics card. And I agree with the suggestion to check tiger and newegg I just find that a lot of the times shipping equals out the small price advantage newegg often has.

Feignx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Thanks, that was very helpful. Just wondering, since my motherboard doesn't have a PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot..will it still be compatible with those video cards? If so, how drastically will it affect the GPU performance.

jbakerlent

Distinguished
Yes it is still compatible but the bandwidth is half as much, still I would recommend getting a 2.0 card just because the cards in this line are much better (if you think you can afford one).