Ga-ma78gm-us2h enable dual channel

msmith11

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Just installed 2 x 1 GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D G PARTS INTO THIS mb (certified on the Gigabyte site as dual channel 1066 DDR parts). They are in slots DDR2-1 and DDR2-2 which is the dual channel configuration. Boot sequence shows the memory as "unganged".

Two questions:
How do I know dual channel has been enabled? (Manual talks about enabling dual channel.)
Should the memory be in ganged or unganged state? (I can't seem to find a place in the Bios to change the gang setting.)

Thank you very much

kolkador

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011

I'm using 2 x 2GB 6400C5 Corsair XM2 DDR 2 and its 800mhz, also says its unganged. I simply think corsair ram selects are not compatible with this motherboard in dual channel.

Unganged is the most efficient or fastest, I believe. There's really not too much diff in speed between ganged and unganged from what I've read. Unganged has a slight advantage with gaming. Unganged means that all your cores will work at the same time on diff processes while ganged means that they wait their turn and do one process at a time. This is what I understand. Memory should be automatically dual channel if you have a board and cpu that is compatible and your memory is installed correctly.