MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240ES STOPS AND STARTS

noteorious

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Hi all.
I have a Matshita\Panasonic Blu Ray burner model "MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ240ES" in my, Asus G73JH Laptop running Win 7 64 bit, which starts normally and then after a few minutes (2 or 3 minutes) stops. After another few (2 or 3) minutes it starts again and does this repeatedly when viewing DVD\Blu Ray disks.

I tried burning a ISO and it seemed to take ages also stop and starting.

The driver is a generic windows driver CDROM.sys 6.1.760016385 (Win7 RTM.090713-1255) I cannot seem to find a updated driver anywhere on the net including Panasonic's website. Does anyone know how to update the generic windows driver or where to obtain a driver?

Because it works normally except for the stops I'm not so sure it is a hardware issue and there are no entries in the event log relating to the device. Can anyone suggest where I can update the driver and potentially the firmware for this device?

Also it came with a free copy of cyberlink Power DVD ver 9 and AI recovery burner

Thanks.
Greg.

noteorious

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011

Hi! Thanks for the response and the info.. it's helpful to know that the driver is the correct one. Do you know about how to update the firmware by any chance?

I tried uninstalling Powerdvd and installed a freebee DAPlayer and it was able to read some DVD's sucessfully but not others. It is consistant in relation to the DvD's that it prefers so it definitely was the software causing the problem. I don't mind buying good software (I hate buying crapware to find the good) so if you know of something that plays Bluray DvD's across the board please let me know. I appreciate the help.
Thanks again cheers!

spotpro

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Dude i have the exact same problem with my new Toshiba A665-11Z bluray writer ... same model... did you manage to solve your problem? spotpro@gmail.com Stephen Twine +27835561594