Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Choosing between 2 GPU's

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2009 3:53:33 AM

I want to upgrade my GPU but I can't just pick any video card because I have a 305 watt power supply unit. I want to get one of these video cards (below) but I don't know if they could run with my power supply unit (Newegg has no requirements for these video cards).

Radeon HD 4670

Radeon HD 4650

Which of these video cards could run on my machine and which one is the best for my machine?

Things you guys may want to know:

*My PC is a Dell Dimension E520

*My Motherboard is a Dell 0WG864
*My current GPU is 2 integrated Intel G965 Express Chipset Family

All help is appreciated and Thank You! :D 

More about : choosing gpu

August 4, 2009 4:09:21 AM

Sorry I fixed them Thanks
Related resources

Best solution

August 4, 2009 4:11:45 AM

well, both URLs are the same (i would get rid of the {url= part, its not needed)

though, the reason they don't really have a PSU rating is because they go off of the power of the motherboard. no external connection needed. so you should be fine on the power front if your getting the ICEQ 4670. which, by the way, is a fairly nice card. obviously not the top of the class card, but great band for the watt
August 4, 2009 4:25:00 AM

I just want my PC to be able to do more and play good games
August 4, 2009 4:28:20 AM

daft said:
well, both URLs are the same (i would get rid of the {url= part, its not needed)

though, the reason they don't really have a PSU rating is because they go off of the power of the motherboard. no external connection needed. so you should be fine on the power front if your getting the ICEQ 4670. which, by the way, is a fairly nice card. obviously not the top of the class card, but great band for the watt

I fixed the URLs, Thanks! what you said does make sense and I don't want to upgrade my PSU because I don't really need a powerful video card to play games in high settings on my PC because I usually play games on my PS3.
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
August 4, 2009 4:54:19 AM

That Dell has a 305 watt with 36amps on two 12vrails with a real combined amp rating of 22amps. You can run up to a 9600GT (or even a 9800gt if you're lucky) on it (if the PSU is in good condition) but a 4670 should be fine.
August 4, 2009 7:19:57 PM

Bluescreendeath said:
That Dell has a 305 watt with 36amps on two 12vrails with a real combined amp rating of 22amps. You can run up to a 9600GT (or even a 9800gt if you're lucky) on it (if the PSU is in good condition) but a 4670 should be fine.

Thanks, idk if a 9600 gt could run on my machine (because some people say video cards could run properly if your PSU is slightly below the the video card's PSU watt requirement) since they have a 350 watt psu requirement, and the reason why I didn't list it.
!