Where to put fans?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 3, 2011 3:15:58 AM

I5-2300
1TB seagate HDD
Radeon 6850
Kingwin MK power series 650W PSU

Gateway DX4860-UR20P (Computer model)

Can anyone show me where to put fans to increase the airflow in this pretty bad Prebuilt computer case?

As you can see i put an 80mm fan below the hard drive and it is sucking the hotness out of the HDD and it seems to be working pretty well. It is kind of loud but it doesn't matter as long as it works.

I bought another fan that's 120mm but it spins too slow and i'm gonna replace it for another 80mm fan maybe 2.
There are no places to mount them so I'll have to put them somehow( look in picture :D  )

Could anybody on this forum draw arrows or something to show me where I should put more fans to increase air flow? It would be really helpful.

More about : put fans

August 3, 2011 4:10:42 AM

First off, what makes you feel the need to increase airflow/lower temps? Have you been getting high readings lately? If so, from what?
m
l
August 3, 2011 4:19:04 AM

calmstateofmind said:
First off, what makes you feel the need to increase airflow/lower temps? Have you been getting high readings lately? If so, from what?

Well during gaming the GPU goes up to 70C one time it was at 81C but because the GPU fan was turned down all the way.

And the HDD gets hot from gaming too.

I was also thinking to get something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

And overall I just want the pc to be cooler because it's better
m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2011 4:28:27 AM

Ah. Do you keep the PC case closed at all times while using it? Also, what's the average temp in the room?

Those temps are too high, indeed, and you're right, it's better to have a cooler running PC. That product looks pretty good, and will definitely contribute to lower temps overall.

You could also get something like this. Granted, I don't think it will have as much of an impact as the fans you linked in terms of complete system cooling, but if you're looking for a more direct airflow to the graphics card, it's a cheap/effective solution.
m
l
August 3, 2011 3:43:03 PM

calmstateofmind said:
Ah. Do you keep the PC case closed at all times while using it? Also, what's the average temp in the room?

Those temps are too high, indeed, and you're right, it's better to have a cooler running PC. That product looks pretty good, and will definitely contribute to lower temps overall.

You could also get something like this. Granted, I don't think it will have as much of an impact as the fans you linked in terms of complete system cooling, but if you're looking for a more direct airflow to the graphics card, it's a cheap/effective solution.

I try to keep the case closed but sometimes I open to see how hot the GPU and HDD are.
The temp in the room during the summer is 28C sometimes more.

See there are no available slots above the graphics card. only the last slot because in the slot under the graphics card there is a wifi module.

Will the fan controller link i put up fit in the drive below the DVD burner? From the front i can see it has a plate, and for my pc I think you have to break it off, like I had to do for the back plates for my GPU.

Any help.....?
m
l
August 4, 2011 3:00:20 PM

any help guys? Please?
m
l
!