Status
Not open for further replies.

Djentleman

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
In your opinion. What is the best graphics card for the price, to run crysis 2? Or BBc3? I'm on a budget, but i'd like to run both of these games full settings. High resolutions, with AA. Gtx 570 is the highest i go if you think i should get that be honest. I'm open to opinions :bounce:

Solution
micro atx, I'd say yeah. Your card is going to be right under that heat sink above your PCIE. But I think you'll be perfectly okay.
I was choosing a new card not long ago (GTX 570 or HD 6870).
Got a HD 6870. First AMD card I've owned. I love it.
Can't beat the price, XFX HD 6870. With that $30 mir it's $150.
I've overclocked mine to a HD 6950 (or better).

But if you want the 570, go for it!

Oh, you mainly want to make sure your PSU can handle the card and that there's room in your case. Those cards get pretty beastly.

BeeBahBoo

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
micro atx, I'd say yeah. Your card is going to be right under that heat sink above your PCIE. But I think you'll be perfectly okay.
I was choosing a new card not long ago (GTX 570 or HD 6870).
Got a HD 6870. First AMD card I've owned. I love it.
Can't beat the price, XFX HD 6870. With that $30 mir it's $150.
I've overclocked mine to a HD 6950 (or better).

But if you want the 570, go for it!

Oh, you mainly want to make sure your PSU can handle the card and that there's room in your case. Those cards get pretty beastly.

Solution

BeeBahBoo

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Definitely. Like I said, I got mine to OC to a 6950.
Here, take a look at this (link)
Now overclock that 6870, you're looking at what's essentially a better card, especially for the money.
Best bang for your buck right now I'd say.

Unless you're planning on upgrading your mobo soon, I wouldn't worry too much about SLI or crossfiring. Maybe dual cards for you in the future with a new mobo, but I don't think you're going to have to worry about quad-sli at all lol

BeeBahBoo

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, it supports quad crossfire.
But to have 4 GPUs, you'd need a monster for a mobo.
And a monster for a PSU as well.
With the sabertooth AM3+ boards you're probably looking at, they only have enough PCIE slots for two GPUs (one model I know of has 3 but the 3rd is x4, don't want to put a GPU in that).

BeeBahBoo

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
Oh, there are certainly some. They're normally just quite expensive.
Don't think I'm trying to deter you!
Just letting you know that quad xfire/sli set ups are very costly.
You'd more than likely also have to get a full atx case.
A 1200W PSU should do the trick for a quad setup though!
(another note, most boards with 4 PCIE slots that aren't crazy expensive drop speed when you have cards in 2 or more slots).
Annnddd by the time you'd get to the point where you'd upgrade to quad cards, new tech is going to be out that you're probably going to want instead! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.