Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Goes Black during startup and after. Anyone got a solution.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 4, 2009 11:13:03 AM

Anyone know why it does this. My computer monitor is black on start up and it is black after it finished starting up. I do not see any kind of image at all. The computer is going fine and I can hear the music of the start up. The power button on the monitor stays green. However, after I turn it on and off about 5-20 times the screen finally has an stable regular image like it should (During the 5-20 of turning the screen on and off, about 50-75 percent of the time I see my startup screen for just a second then it goes black again and as I keep shutting it off and on it seems as if the screen gets brighter as it turns on before it shuts off again).

-My computer is a dell and my monitor is a dell to.

-ATI MSI 4670

(I made sure are the power connectors and cords were securely in)

(I also made sure my graphics card was securely in too)

Thank you for ready
August 4, 2009 2:25:19 PM

Do you have any other display device you could plug it into (your TV, another monitor, etc.). Many devices have VGA hook-ups. If you have another computer, you could try that computer in the monitor. I would also try a different VGA or DVI cable (not sure what type of connection you are using). I would rule these things out before focusing on the GPU. Your monitor could be going bad.

If you rule these things out, you may be looking at a bad video card...which requires a replacement video card.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 29, 2009 6:49:44 AM

Hello............me too have same problem.............is anyone know the solutions.............
m
l
!