It is not certain but it looks like Intel might be planning to introduce more ssd's. Here's what the lineup might look like:

330P (PCI-e based)
530P (PCI-e based)
720P or 730P (?) (PCI-e based)

The 7XX series are business/enterprise models that will not be of interest to gamers and enthusiasts. There are no official announcements or release dates.

There is also possibility that Intel may have solved the problem of TRIM for ssd's in Raid arrays.

Here is a link to the source of the information:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/news-around-the-web/1199494-future-intel-ssds-leaked-520-720-320p-520p-720p.html

Yes it is interesting but no telling what Intel might actually do. I couldn't find any additional information at other web sites.

We may also see PCI-e 3.0 on Intel's next generation motherboards. The new standard was approved last year. The huge increase in bandwidth has implications not only for ssd's but also video cards and other PCI-e based devices.

tecmo34

Administrator
Yes... I'm looking foward to seeing what PCIe 3.0 provides and is it worth upgrading to an how quickly. If my memory serves me correctly, there wasn't a huge difference between PCIe 1.x and PCIe 2.0 benchmark wise to warrant an initial upgrade when released.

mark_k

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
Thanks for the info JL.
I am glad that you have recently got an interest in SSD's and also bring along your detailed findings like you have in other lists.

I have an older ASUS pt6 Deluxe and looking forward to upgrading to the new SATA 6gb and new USB ports along with the new PCI-3 3.0 with an SSD and new Sandy and video cards..... I will be doing this next XMAS.