Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R and Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wont Post - Help Need

G

I really hope someone can help...

I am running a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor and its runs happily without any problems. However I wanted to give it a boost so I purchased a second hand Core 2 E8400 processor with the hight speed, bus and L2 cache.

When I fitted this processor I found that my system wouldnt post, when turned on it booted but then shut itself down almost straight away and then rebooted itself and then just stayed on. The fans were spinning (at full speed which it doesnt normally do) and the light came on, however it wouldnt post and it didnt beep.

I really need to determine if its the processor at fault or if its the motherboard, which uses the F1 bios.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Motherboard

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2551

CPU

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAPL

G

Thanks spidersweb, can you tell me what i need to do with the bios after i have downloaded it?

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
lol daship is so friendly

The instructions should be on the Gigabyte website.
For the Windows version you just run it in windows. There are some people on here who prefer the other methods, but I've had good luck with it so far.

If you can't run it in Windows on that machine, follow the instructions for using the BIOS, (basically you put the files on a disk, then press a key on the BIOS screen to activate the flash process).

It'll replace the BIOS software with the new version.

G

Yeah I downloaded the file, the it unzipped and its an unreadable file so it may have to be done by floppy like you said. Thanks for the help Spiderweb. Im reading the user manual downloaded from the site so hopefully the instructions will be in the pdf.

Daship - Your an idiot, if you have nothing to post apart from an idiotic frustrated rant then why bother to post at all. I wouldnt *** on your thread so please dont *** on mine.