nscienergy

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Hi I am currently using two 500GB WB caviar black in raid 0 configuration, and so far the performance has been great

I consider myself to be a hardcore gamer, so whatever increases my computers performance in games, I am willing to buy it

Personally, I dont mind long loading screen, my current set up loads games fast anyways,

what I really want to know is whether having an SSD will have impact during games like BFBC2, ex more frames per second, or

details in the map pop out faster (like when u are walking, u suddenly see a tree pop out.. I dont like that it ruins the realism of
the game)

Any thoughts?

Solution
If the game stutters it could be a HD issue, but the "popping of distance objects" is due to the game's LOD (level of detail) settings. The game will not render an object until it is a certain distance away from you. It has nothing to do with the HD.
As SSD will LOAD the game faster, not make the game RUN faster. But mapping should be faster, and FPS as well.

Once you go SSD, you'll never go back! I have 2 x AData SF1222 G2 Series SSD ($99.00 each) in RAID 0, and get reads over 540Mbps, and writes over 500Mbps. HDD may get 200Mbps reads, but more like 150Mbps.

nscienergy

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
I see, so the details popping out as you approach an object is normal ?
I am not sure whether is GPU related or harddrive related

My graphics card is evga GTX 570 SCC so u can ever go wrong with that

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
If the game stutters it could be a HD issue, but the "popping of distance objects" is due to the game's LOD (level of detail) settings. The game will not render an object until it is a certain distance away from you. It has nothing to do with the HD.

Solution

steave_01

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

If you looking at faster read/write speeds & response times then I would recommend sandforce based Intel 520 SSD in raid configuration as you already have been using. This particular SSD can handle incompressible data intelligently and also has the award winning DuraWrite technology which promises good random/seq read/write speeds so that you can enjoy your gaming even better :)