Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Want to make sure that my Nvidia GTX 590 is at a good temperature.

Last response: in Overclocking
August 3, 2011 10:28:06 PM

I own an Nvidia GTX 590, which is a dual-gpu card (essentially 2 gpus in SLI within a single card) and when they are close to 100% load (GPU usage reads mid-high 90s for both) they get to around 85 degrees celcius each and stay there until the load decreases. At 0% usage, they are at 35-40 degrees celcius each.

I don't have them overclocked, the GPUs are at the stock Asus clock speed. I'm just making sure that that the temperatures are normal, and that there is nothing i should be worried about in terms of my video card overheating.

Thanks in advance :) 
a b U Graphics card
August 3, 2011 11:37:42 PM

yeah when running those type of monstrous video cards, you can't do much to avoid such high temps, just make sure your case is well ventilated to avoid heating other components up.
August 3, 2011 11:42:21 PM

I'd say you're fine.
I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with my GPU getting hotter than 85C.
Idles around 45C.
Noting to worry about unless you start getting fragments, BSOD, etc.
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 4, 2011 12:58:06 PM

If its an option, add some intake fans to the side of your case. Blowing cool outside-of-the-case air directly onto the video card will ensure its keeping as cool as can be.

90degrees sounds fairly high, although i dont know too much about 590's so maybe this is the norm - especially since its a stock card.

EDIT: Thinking about it, if its effectively 2 cards in SLI within 1 card, then 90 degrees is probably about right.

EDIT2: Just found this on another thread "These temps are within specs. The card is rated to handle up to 105c. Normal operating temps are 35-50 at idle depending on cooling of case and air flow."
August 11, 2011 4:05:13 AM

AdrianPerry said:
If its an option, add some intake fans to the side of your case. Blowing cool outside-of-the-case air directly onto the video card will ensure its keeping as cool as can be.

90degrees sounds fairly high, although i dont know too much about 590's so maybe this is the norm - especially since its a stock card.

EDIT: Thinking about it, if its effectively 2 cards in SLI within 1 card, then 90 degrees is probably about right.

EDIT2: Just found this on another thread "These temps are within specs. The card is rated to handle up to 105c. Normal operating temps are 35-50 at idle depending on cooling of case and air flow."

thanks (:
August 11, 2011 4:05:28 AM

Best answer selected by DTsoy.
!