August 3, 2011 11:06:15 PM

I have a older system
Q6600 G0
evga 680I sli (t1or2)
OCZ realper X 800
9800GT Akimbo 512mb
earthwatts 500
Thermaltake V1 Copper
latest drivers and bios (yes driversweep)

I wanted to extend my pc's life a little by overclocking. After trying to OC using all guides from OC Club and yours truley no matter what I do cant get even 1 mhz over stable on FSB. Evga is no help so anything you can suggest thanks
August 4, 2011 4:24:26 AM

One of the first things ive read. I have looked far and wide for days to getting this fixed though i appreciate the post. Short answer ive done everything in that guide many times over swapping out PSU's, Ram ect...
a b å Intel
a c 197 K Overclocking
August 5, 2011 6:49:54 AM

Except for memory settings, not a bad guide.

Take your memory settings off Auto and change it to Linked. You will see your memory clock drop to 2 times the FSB freq (one half the FSB clock). Now, try overclocking. If that doesn't work, try changing to Unlinked and manually setting the memory clock to one half the FSB clock.

The eVGA BIOS is a little backwards. Most Core2 BIOS' let you set the FSB freq and tell you what the FSB clock is. The eVGA BIOS lets you change the FSB clock and tells you what the FSB freq is.

Intel's max recommended voltage for the Q6600 is 1.5 volts. Unless you have a very good cooler, though, load testing will drive the core temps past 70C at that voltage.
August 6, 2011 10:43:56 PM

Ive Tryd every combo linked, unlinked, 1:1, even clocking the ram fsb at 400 or less to try and get something stable for more than 6 second into windows nada starting to think this board is as next to useless as can be. (at least the one i have)
August 7, 2011 5:46:28 AM

Bad compositor/s? check for swollen ones.
August 7, 2011 9:37:33 PM

Thats a great idea since everything works at stock speed with no issue ill not something id would have looked at. Ill take a look tonight
August 14, 2011 7:48:56 PM

Well none did fix any of it i guess i have a Flawed Board or something i dont have the cash for a new board so i have to just live with it at stock (Kinda slow). Thanks for the info
!