Administor account help!

Tags:
  • Security
  • System Restore
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
December 22, 2011 11:40:23 AM

Ok, so here it goes:
I dont know if my admin account was deleted or corrupted or what, but I can no longer access it. I try the password and it says incorrect, but here's the catch, if i put in the password for my limited account into the admin account, it logs me onto the limited account. I'm left with two limited accounts and no admin. I have tried system restore, but cant because i'm limited, when i restart in safe mode the "Administrator" account has a password that i don't know, I can't restore with command prompt either. Please help!

Different explanation: I use the limited account "Kevin", the admin account is "Home". If i put the password for "Home" into "Home" it doesn't work. If I put the password for "Kevin" into "Home" it logs me onto "Kevin". Thus leaving me with no admin and two limiteds

More about : administor account

a b 8 Security
December 22, 2011 4:29:55 PM

What screen do you see when you logon? The icons or a username/password field?

Hit Ctr-Alt-Del twice, will bring you to a logon screen, type in the account names manually in there, and use the passwords you think it should have.

Did you play around with the accounts? Try to rename them or anything?
m
l
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 22, 2011 8:13:12 PM

Boot into Safe Mode so you can login to the hidden Administrator account.
m
l
Related resources
December 23, 2011 10:59:18 PM

hang-the-9 said:
What screen do you see when you logon? The icons or a username/password field?

Hit Ctr-Alt-Del twice, will bring you to a logon screen, type in the account names manually in there, and use the passwords you think it should have.

Did you play around with the accounts? Try to rename them or anything?

I have tried that a few times and it hasn't worked, follows the same logic as normal login screen. I have tried to rename and such, but it is useless because im on a limited account. My main problem is that i'm locked out of only admin account and the password doesn't work.
m
l
December 23, 2011 11:02:05 PM

Quote:
Boot into Safe Mode so you can login to the hidden Administrator account.

I have done that as well, that admin account requests a password, which i don't know.
m
l
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 24, 2011 10:01:04 AM

See the PM I sent you.
m
l