Last response: in Overclocking
August 4, 2011 3:36:29 AM

Specs:

Antec 902 gaming case.
GTX 560 overclocked to 900 1800 and 2200
AMD 945 CPU
thermaltake 850 w PSU
foxconn h rs880 uatx MoBo (the problem)

This computer is basically a two year old HP that I have cannabalized over the last year. The only things left of the original computer is the MoBo and memory. I am a mid level gamer and the computer is used by the family for photo editing etc.

I would like to overclock the CPU but doing so with this crap MoBo seems imposible. As all the multipliers are locked. My question is does anyone know a safe way to unlock the MoBo maybe flashing new bios? There is very little support with this pre built system MoBo (Can't even find a user manual online) I don't have a budget at the moment for a new MoBo and as my CPU is really bottlenecking my system I would like to play games maxed at standard resoulution. Anyone knows a safe solution for overclocking a locked MoBo?

More about : unlocking mobo

August 5, 2011 1:29:08 AM

While I like the article (saved to my fav's for later referencing) I can't use it. My MoBo Bios are locked when I go into bios the Ram/ CPU options are greyed out so I can't access them to do an overclock and the multipliers are locked as it is not a BE CPU. So my question is there a way to unlock the bios on this MoBo? So I can OC.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a c 242 K Overclocking
August 5, 2011 3:53:16 AM

was not, bios Foxconn h rs880 has been locked and you can not overclock ...?
m
l
August 7, 2011 7:46:31 AM

Correct. I want to be able to O.C. The CPU but the Bios to this motherboard is locked I cant access the FSB or ram times to change anything. Does anyone know away to change the bios or unlock them some how? I am new to O.C.ing the CPU through the bios and curious if it is possible without buying a new MoBo.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a c 242 K Overclocking
August 7, 2011 8:11:05 AM

No one know how crack mobo locked. For better mobo with OCable + fitur acc. Maybe AM3+ if your budget enough
m
l
!