Win 7 64Bit Fresh Install: Unsigned Drivers

trumpormonkey

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I've been having trouble installing Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit onto my Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Rev 1.0. When it comes up to the point where I need to pick the Hard Drive I want to install the OS on. It doesn't show my unused Caviar Black 1TB which is properly connected into SATA2-0 and my DVD Drive (Pioneer 218) is connected in SATA2-1.

I have heard I need to install a SATA/RAID driver for it to display my drive. The problem is that my included utility's CD only has drivers for Vista and XP. So I got all of the drivers/utility's for Win7 64bit from the Gigabyte Website on GA-EX58-UD5 Rev 1.0, then I extracted them and burned them to a CD. I tried to use them but they are unsigned drivers and Windows won't let me use ANYTHING but signed drivers. I'm all out of ideas.

Any help would be very appreciated, if you need any further information I will try my best to answer.

Solution
Just try the drivers...

A few months ago, my own new harddisk was dead. My bios detected a harddisk, but it didnt see the vendor, model number etc.. You can also try the Western Digital software to test the disk..

trumpormonkey

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Well I haven't installed the OS yet I have only gotten to the part where it asks what drive I want to use to install the OS on. Can I try the Vista 64 bit drivers then?

Also, how can I work out if my Hard Drive is dead? Put it in another PC to test it?

Nielsvk

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Just try the drivers...

A few months ago, my own new harddisk was dead. My bios detected a harddisk, but it didnt see the vendor, model number etc.. You can also try the Western Digital software to test the disk..

Solution

trumpormonkey

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

I just checked if my Hard Drive was dead o my other PC and it isn't, it was working perfectly.

I've reinstalled it back into my new PC though. So itsn't not the Hard Drives fault.