Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ex58-ud5 no rear sound

Last response: in Motherboards
January 8, 2010 9:38:02 AM

I have no rear sound from speakers when playing via software. I have applied the latest realtek drivers and have configured both 5.1 and 7.1(disable side speakers) and still no sound.
When testing via control panel in windows and realtek i have sound but no sound from them at all when playing any sound software.
Google search shows lots of people with audio issues on the EX58-UD5.
Tested with logitec z5500 and logitec x540
Please help.

More about : ex58 ud5 rear sound

a b V Motherboard
January 8, 2010 11:04:41 AM

Welcome to the forums!

What software are you using trying to get sound from the rear speakers?
If it is a stereo source (music, many movies, Internet, etc.) it will only play through the front speakers, which is normal.
As your speakers are working within the windows control panel and realtek sound manager, your rear speakers should be working fine with a proper 5.1 source.
Either try playing a 5.1 movie or look for a surround sound test file to check the function.
A quick googling located several Promising Links for surround sound test files.
m
l

Best solution

a c 177 V Motherboard
January 8, 2010 11:49:27 AM

There is a peculiarity in the RealTek driver - on a 5.1 setup, it will enable front, center, sub, and side speakers... It decodes perfectly - sounds meant for the rear appear on the speakers pulgged into 'side' - they just have the naming wrong peculiar ;) 

You can test it with the 'arrow' button in the canter of the driver manager:

it causes a (peculiar) noise to move aroung the room...
January 10, 2010 4:58:07 AM

bilbat said:
There is a peculiarity in the RealTek driver - on a 5.1 setup, it will enable front, center, sub, and side speakers... It decodes perfectly - sounds meant for the rear appear on the speakers pulgged into 'side' - they just have the naming wrong peculiar ;) 

You can test it with the 'arrow' button in the canter of the driver manager:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3186/0002wbr.jpg
it causes a (peculiar) noise to move aroung the room...

Thankyou very much, that is exactly what was wrong. :) 
m
l
!