9800GTX+ Crysis Issues

theman101

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Hi all, I resently purchased a copy of Crysis Maximum Edition, and have been thouraly enjoying it. Exept for one thing that is: weather playing Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, or Crysis wars, one of 3 freezes will happen, usually after about 10-20 minutes.

Here are my specs:
XFX 9800GTX+
ASRock p43twins 1600 Motherboard
4 gigs DDR3 1333mhz RAM
2.8 Ghz Intel core 2 duo

1st type of freeze: The video simply stops, music still playing, still able to crl-atl-del out.
2nd type: Exactly like the above except the screen flickers momentarily before freezing, and it takes about 1-2 minutes for it to exit to the desktop and allow a crl-alt-del. When this happens, I get a driver malfunction error, so updated to the latest (190.38), but to no avail.
3rd: video freezes, audio freaks out and does a bazaar buzzing noise. No matter how long I wait, it never recovers, so I have to hard power it off. This is much rarer than the others, only happens 1/10 or so times.
Keep in mind Cod 4, 5, Mercs 2, the orange box, and every other game I've tried works just fine. I've done some research but I haven't found anybody having the same issue.
Thanks for in advance for your help.

theman101

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
All the games are up to the latest version. I will try older drivers when I get around to it.
BTW, xaria, I am not a pirate. I got the windows 7 RC legitimately, as well as all my games and programs, and I am proud of that.