9800GTX+ Crysis Issues

Hi all, I resently purchased a copy of Crysis Maximum Edition, and have been thouraly enjoying it. Exept for one thing that is: weather playing Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, or Crysis wars, one of 3 freezes will happen, usually after about 10-20 minutes.

Here are my specs:
XFX 9800GTX+
ASRock p43twins 1600 Motherboard
4 gigs DDR3 1333mhz RAM
2.8 Ghz Intel core 2 duo

1st type of freeze: The video simply stops, music still playing, still able to crl-atl-del out.
2nd type: Exactly like the above except the screen flickers momentarily before freezing, and it takes about 1-2 minutes for it to exit to the desktop and allow a crl-alt-del. When this happens, I get a driver malfunction error, so updated to the latest (190.38), but to no avail.
3rd: video freezes, audio freaks out and does a bazaar buzzing noise. No matter how long I wait, it never recovers, so I have to hard power it off. This is much rarer than the others, only happens 1/10 or so times.
Keep in mind Cod 4, 5, Mercs 2, the orange box, and every other game I've tried works just fine. I've done some research but I haven't found anybody having the same issue.
Thanks for in advance for your help.
10 answers Last reply
More about 9800gtx crysis issues
  1. Roll back to 186.18 and then keep an eye on your GPU temperatures.I think its overheating
  2. The temps are fine, the GPU is never above 60ºC and all other temps are cooler. I will try rolling back to an earlier driver though. Thanks for the reply.
  3. does it happen in any other games?
  4. No other games cause this, as stated above. Also, I forgot to mention that I am running the Windows 7 RC 64-bit.
  5. have you tried installing the latest patches for the games?
  6. upgrade to the rtm
  7. Its a driver issue.... try the 180.xx drivers...

I had the same issue and had to roll back to old drivers (BFG 9800GTX+)...
  8. All the games are up to the latest version. I will try older drivers when I get around to it.
    BTW, xaria, I am not a pirate. I got the windows 7 RC legitimately, as well as all my games and programs, and I am proud of that.
  9. what about your music?
  10. lol good 1 ^

you can ge tthe latest rc then 7600 16384
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Crysis Graphics