What Motherboard is best for my Vertex 3?

slayerbizkit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I've been reading around and found out my Vertex 3 performance will be limited because the SATA III ports on my MB(gigabyte ep45-ud3p rev 1.6) are limited to 3gb when the Vertex 3 performs best with the onboard 6gb ports. Anyway, I'm due for a MB upgrade anyway IMHO but I'm open to any other options that'll let me get maximum performance from my Vertex 3. Any recommendations?

Solution
You have an older Intel socket 775 (P45) motherboard with a total of 8 SATA II (3 Gb/s) ports. A simple motherboard upgrade is not possible. There do not appear to be any Intel socket 775 (P45) motherboards with SATA III (6 Gb/s) ports. I couldn't find any at newegg and they had over 100 of those motherboards. In all probablity an upgrade would mean a new motherboard, cpu, and memory. It is an expensive proposition.
You have an older Intel socket 775 (P45) motherboard with a total of 8 SATA II (3 Gb/s) ports. A simple motherboard upgrade is not possible. There do not appear to be any Intel socket 775 (P45) motherboards with SATA III (6 Gb/s) ports. I couldn't find any at newegg and they had over 100 of those motherboards. In all probablity an upgrade would mean a new motherboard, cpu, and memory. It is an expensive proposition.

Solution