coolkid9998

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
hi, i have a pc that has an hdmi output on it and am trying to connect it to a magnavox 20 inch widescreen lcd hdtv.
when the pc booted up the resolution/picture is stretched and deformed. i tried all resolution settings when i went into
the control panel and its still weird looking. i even tried to set the tv picture settings differently under picture options
the only change in picture options is color, and whether i want wide screen display or automatic. im guessing the automatic option detects it for you i tried both and both options dont seem to make it any better. whats the problem here? thanks. my pc is a gateway fx gaming pc with an 8800 gts if you would need to know that and the hdtv was purchased in 06 or 07. this is my first time using the hdmi as i usually use a vga. when i use the vga on the hdtv it works normally.

tzunny

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
hi, i have same problem to now, was buy me a dvi-hdmi cable to connect at my tv/lcd & when is connected the image is appear cutted at sides.. in left mising, right missing.. like is a zoom or so in midle of screen.. was think is from driver or windows but no, bcs was fix that but when restart or turn on pc and appear the loading stuffs image is same cutted & when enter in bios to & there cant use settings & driver .. my samsung tv/lcd is dont have a auto center function.. maybe is that.. so im back to my vga.. bcs is have only vga & hdmi. Another thing in hdmi connection is that the clarity of the text is or to bluring or to big & ugly.. no matter how i was try fix it "perfect" wasnt can.. so.. back to vga lol. I think will get me a lcd or led only MONITOR not tv to next time bcs quality at tv/lcd monitors really sucks.

videogamerign

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
There is a setting on the TV that you have to set the TV to Naitive Resolution and it should show you the full screen, If you don't have this setting then then that is probably the issue. Why did you change the cable from VGA to HDMI?

tzunny

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I have 4:3 & 16:9, is not that, thank you anyway 4 a answer, i stay on dvi-vga, was wanna dvi-hdmi bcs of the better clarity & bcs in hdmi mode can set high rezolutions over 2000. In vga mode can maxim 1360. I see u play B3 ? Im stil ong BC2 :))

0121birmingham

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
You need to go into your graphics options and use the tools like you would on a monitor to stretch the picture although it is not a stretch like what you are thinking but very samll adjustmensts. Though i guess you figured it out.