DX 11 release

jerohmeee

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I really wanna upgrade my computer and hoping that ATI and maybe Nvidia will have their DX 11 cards out by October... since that seems to be the rumor. When will we know if its October for sure? Obviously this does not work like video games since if this was a game coming out in October we would have known by now, but I am not sure how this works with graphic cards. When do we usually get a solid release date by? Or when would be the time when October would just not be feasible since we have not heard anything yet and were already in August? Thanks :love:

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
We will know for sure the day they are released I suppose.. Silly question really :p

Usually the "rumor mill" will ahve a solid release date a week or two before hand.. but no way to ever be sure, always hit or miss until its for real.

jerohmeee

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
But I would think ATI would say AT LEAST a month before release "OK our dx 11 cards are coming out October 22"

That is why I am asking you guys... I do not know how this usually works. I doubt one morning we wake up and its on store shelves out of nowhere. Maybe I am wrong. Just curious since I wanna know when I should give up on my October dream

1ce

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Yeah....they don't announce 1 month ahead of time because then all their current hardware would stop selling.....they want to clear out as much of the old stuff as possible.

Nope - unlike Intel, the video card manufacturers tend to be pretty secretive about release dates. Often, something will be leaked by a couple of weeks before release, but there's no guarantee. Certainly ATI won't come out and say anything until the actual release occurs.

TRENDING THREADS