Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
putting new(er) system together for home use. what im getting thus far is
amd athlon II X2 250
asus m2a74-am mb
4gb ddr2 800 a-data
his hd4670 iceq turbo 512mb,128b gddr3
wd caviar 320g (x2)

above fit into my budget leaving enough for new lcd - been using old 17" crt for about 7 years and was used when i got it then lol. and already have lian li case and 850 psu (overkill im sure) a buddy gave me. between wife and i neither really play demanding games, mostly mmos (lotro,EVE), sims 3, cod:waw and would like to try fallen earth but current sys wont do it.

first off with above sys what size (native resolution) lcd would we likely be able to use (staying med to high setting for games for example), was suggested 19" 1680x1050 asus by best buy csr - just wanted to make sure wouldnt be laggy as hell for what casual gaming we do (would like to be able to play gt4 and modern warefare ok too)

second - still using winxp - had vista on work pc for a few months and just didnt care for it - thinking of trying out win7 rc and want to know if will i be good with the 4gb ram above or should i get 8gb

went with graphics card as was recommended for the price i needed under 70$(was between that and 9600gt and had been given mixed reviews either way, so went with ati since ive used them before and nvr have a problem other than its old as hell.)

thanks in advance

4745454b

Titan
If your going with the 4670, your better off sticking with the normal 19" that have a resolution of 1440x900. You could use 1680x1050, but you'll probably have to turn down settings making it look not so good.