Editing MSCONFIG Startup List

July 13, 2004 11:48:49 PM

What is the source of the list of startup programs in the
Startup panel of MSCONFIG? I am trying to get rid of all
vestiges of Gator adware, but the executable program still
shows up in the list, albeit disabled. Is this list in
the registry somewhere?

Thanks
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 12:57:47 PM

The unchecked [disabled] items in MSCONFIG are moved here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg]

Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup [Tip 148]

The enabled ones might be present here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight: