Sign in with
Your question

Post your OC results for sandy-bridge

Last response: in Overclocking
August 7, 2011 5:24:43 AM

hey, i just got a new i7-2600k and an asus maximus IV extreme mb, im in the process of overclocking right now but im interested to see what ppl achieved so that i can have an idea on what to expect :bounce: 

so sandy bridge owners, specially i7 2600k owners, can u post you results, BCLK, Multiplier, temps (idle and load), and Voltage :) 
and if you can specify the cooler your using i would be thankful

have fun :D 
August 7, 2011 9:56:24 AM

what?!! nobody overclocked an i7-2600k before, im i the first one to do so ?!!
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2011 2:31:01 PM

No we tend not to post results between 1:30am and 6:00am, most of us normal people do this thing called sleeping. :hello: 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 7, 2011 3:32:14 PM

You can find most of this info in any number of forums already, posted for all to see. Some have even made charts that make it easier to search through. OCN in particular has threads with stable overclocks (proven with screenshots).

Most people don't bother messing with the BCLK setting, because it screws with the PCIe, USB, SATA, and other system speeds. It's best to just leave the BCLK at 100MHz and concentrate on multiplier overclocking.

About 70% of Sandy Bridge CPUs get to 4.5GHz. Usually they do this very easily. However, only about 10% get to 4.8GHz. Less than 1% get to 5.0GHz. You can reasonably expect to get somewhere around 4.6-4.7GHz. If you were very very very lucky in the CPU lottery, you might be able to push it higher. If you were very very very unlucky, you might only get 4.2GHz (we have a few on the forums here who are that unlucky).

For a happy Sandy Bridge long-term overclock:
1. Keep the peak Prime95 core temps below 75ºC
2. Keep the CPU voltage below 1.4v
a c 99 à CPUs
a c 231 K Overclocking
August 7, 2011 4:45:51 PM

soudi said:
hey, i just got a new i7-2600k and an asus maximus IV extreme mb, im in the process of overclocking right now but im interested to see what ppl achieved so that i can have an idea on what to expect :bounce: 

so sandy bridge owners, specially i7 2600k owners, can u post you results, BCLK, Multiplier, temps (idle and load), and Voltage :) 
and if you can specify the cooler your using i would be thankful

have fun :D 

Here's an idea, why don't we just do it for you! :whistle: 

But since I don't have the required 2600K, I guess I just cannot help you because the 2500K and 2600K, couldn't possibly have anything in common. jk :( 

Try Mrface's overclock guide, he has a 2600K, he qualifies surely he'd like to join your little post your results so I can figure out how to overclock mine club.

Sorry soudi, that was completely uncalled for, I'm having one of those days!

So did you figure out the 2000mhz Kingston memory question, in your prior thread, or just buy completely new memory?

August 7, 2011 5:40:53 PM

@GeekApproved loooool, man i do that thing called sleeping but i live in Dubai, hence: different time zone looool

@Leaps-from-Shadows thanks man, at least that gave me an idea

@4ryan6 and yes i would be very very very thankful if helped me to achieve 2000mhz with a voltage of 1.5v, here is my ram datasheet:

http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX2000C9AD3T1K2_4GX...
a c 99 à CPUs
a c 231 K Overclocking
August 7, 2011 10:01:19 PM

Run your memory at 1333mhz 1.50v 9-9-9-24 2T manually set those numbers, with your 2600K that will keep you solid past the 44x multiplier range, leave your BCLK at 100.
!