Help reading correct i7 920 CPU Temps from EVGA MB

bashywash

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
To the exact date of this post 2 years ago I ordered parts for a new PC I was building with plans to overclock it when the time comes. The key parts related to my question

LIAN LI PC-A05NB
EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR Motherboard
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB DDR3
ZALMAN CNPS10X Extreme
Intel Core i7-920

looking into overclocking this system but before doing so I took the case apart and added a top exhaust and bottom intake.. I also removed the old paste off the HS and applied AS5.

I’ve never read the CPU temps before but after putting the system together I’m trying to read my current CPU temps PRE-Overclocking so I have base numbers to compare with other benchmarks on the net, however after using multiple tools to read my current temps I’m confused as each program reports different values.. I’ve Attached Screen Shot with SpeedFan, HWiNFO, HWMonitor… Looking for help reading these numbers as there are multiple CPU temps in different areas and which is my real CPU temp!

Thank You.

PS My case is just sitting on its side wide open and none of the fans except the HS Fan are hooked up yet. Just trying to make sure the HS install and Thermal paste were applied properly before I connect everthing!

Link to Temp Screen Shots
http://www.dropmocks.com/mYczJ

I trust HW monitor.

Your cpu temps are 39c, 41c, 41c, 41c--The other programs agree with this within 1c. Not sure what your having a problem understanding, it's clear as day to me.

AS5 can take up to 100hrs to cure, so those temps may drop a degree or two in the next few days.

TRENDING THREADS