Sims 2 and macintosh

Last response: in Video Games
June 15, 2005 2:57:23 PM

Hello,

Anybody knows if the objects for Sims 2 may be downloaded for the Mac
version ? I see that they are .package files and I don't know where they
could be installed ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***

More about : sims macintosh

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:39:03 AM

Invid Fan <invid@localnet.com> wrote:

> In article <1gy72bg.wx9og61xz6c14N%Viconia@alussinan.org>, Michelle.
> <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Anybody knows if the objects for Sims 2 may be downloaded for the Mac
> > version ? I see that they are .package files and I don't know where they
> > could be installed ?
>
> If you look in your Sims 2 folder, you should see an application called
> 'Package Installer'. I just double clicked on it and it asked what
> custom Package I wanted to install, so I assume we use this to put
> downloads into the game. Haven't tried it yet.

Just a question : you are on Macintosh ? I know that this works with PC

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:39:04 AM

"Invid Fan" <invid@localnet.com> wrote in message
> In article <1gy872t.z4hfr71xea3l0N%Viconia@alussinan.org>, Michelle.
> <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote:
>
>> Invid Fan <invid@localnet.com> wrote:

>> > If you look in your Sims 2 folder, you should see an application called
>> > 'Package Installer'. I just double clicked on it and it asked what
>> > custom Package I wanted to install, so I assume we use this to put
>> > downloads into the game. Haven't tried it yet.
>>
>> Just a question : you are on Macintosh ? I know that this works with PC
>
> Yes, which is why I answered your question.

Okay, package is the file extension that the sims2 uses for objects, walls,
floors, ground covers, clothes, just about everything except custom
terrains. You can put package files directly into your downloads folder and
all will be fine. However, you need to find a way to install sims2pack
files and there should be an installer included with the game, so
double-clicking those will install them into the game.
June 16, 2005 5:39:05 AM

> In article <E-GdneRs_5cuTi3fRVn-2g@comcast.com>, Bluegenie2
> <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> "Invid Fan" <invid@localnet.com> wrote in message

>> > Yes, which is why I answered your question.
>> >

>> Okay, package is the file extension that the sims2 uses for objects,
>> walls,
>> floors, ground covers, clothes, just about everything except custom
>> terrains. You can put package files directly into your downloads folder
>> and
>> all will be fine. However, you need to find a way to install sims2pack
>> files and there should be an installer included with the game, so
>> double-clicking those will install them into the game.
>>
> Is there a downloads folder? The game created an EA folder with sims 2
> subfolders in my Documents folder. One's called 'Collections' and has
> .package files in it, so I assume that's it? Otherwise I have to assume
> the program 'Package Installer' is for installing packages :)
>
> Gotta say, the game documentation is as bad as usual.

You will probably need to create a downloads folder. Collections are
different, as they are not objects, but a collection of objects usually
already in the game. The package installer is the tool to install sims2pack
files.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:39:06 AM

news:D Y2dnalUDcwCZC3fRVn-tg@comcast.com...

> "Invid Fan" <invid@localnet.com> wrote in message
>> In article <E-GdneRs_5cuTi3fRVn-2g@comcast.com>, Bluegenie2
>> <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Invid Fan" <invid@localnet.com> wrote in message

>>> Okay, package is the file extension that the sims2 uses for objects,
>>> walls,
>>> floors, ground covers, clothes, just about everything except custom
>>> terrains. You can put package files directly into your downloads folder
>>> and
>>> all will be fine. However, you need to find a way to install sims2pack
>>> files and there should be an installer included with the game, so
>>> double-clicking those will install them into the game.
>>>
>> Is there a downloads folder? The game created an EA folder with sims 2
>> subfolders in my Documents folder. One's called 'Collections' and has
>> .package files in it, so I assume that's it? Otherwise I have to assume
>> the program 'Package Installer' is for installing packages :)
>>
>> Gotta say, the game documentation is as bad as usual.
>>

> You will probably need to create a downloads folder. Collections are
> different, as they are not objects, but a collection of objects usually
> already in the game. The package installer is the tool to install
> sims2pack files.

I just noticed that a Mac version of CEP (Colour Options Enabler) has been
released.
http://sims.ambertation.de/

You will need CEP if you download object recolors.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:57:00 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> Okay, package is the file extension that the sims2 uses for objects, walls,
> floors, ground covers, clothes, just about everything except custom
> terrains. You can put package files directly into your downloads folder and
> all will be fine. However, you need to find a way to install sims2pack
> files and there should be an installer included with the game, so
> double-clicking those will install them into the game.

What do you mean by "sims2pack" what is it and where is it ? it's the
"Package installer" ?

When i double click on package installer nothing happens, there is only
a window which opens where it is written (i don't know the english terms
exactly, here it's in french) a message saying that we must double
click on the personnalized package file to install it and if I click on
the .package file nothing happens I have a message saying that there is
no application to open it :-(

I have tried with objects downloaded on the ATS site and I have created
a folder "Downloads" that I have put in the Sims 2 folder and that
doesn't work.
Meanwhile if I put certain object like beds or stool colorized in the
collection folder they appear in the game.

I have tried to use with pakage installer

For example if you take the bath tub of this bathroom
h**p://www.aroundthesims2.com/objects/sets_bathroom/001/index....

Can you say me if this objects work on your mac and are in the game ?

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:57:01 PM

"Michelle." <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote in message
> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>> Okay, package is the file extension that the sims2 uses for objects,
>> walls,
>> floors, ground covers, clothes, just about everything except custom
>> terrains. You can put package files directly into your downloads folder
>> and
>> all will be fine. However, you need to find a way to install sims2pack
>> files and there should be an installer included with the game, so
>> double-clicking those will install them into the game.
>
> What do you mean by "sims2pack" what is it and where is it ? it's the
> "Package installer" ?
>
> When i double click on package installer nothing happens, there is only
> a window which opens where it is written (i don't know the english terms
> exactly, here it's in french) a message saying that we must double
> click on the personnalized package file to install it and if I click on
> the .package file nothing happens I have a message saying that there is
> no application to open it :-(
>
> I have tried with objects downloaded on the ATS site and I have created
> a folder "Downloads" that I have put in the Sims 2 folder and that
> doesn't work.
> Meanwhile if I put certain object like beds or stool colorized in the
> collection folder they appear in the game.
>
> I have tried to use with pakage installer
>
> For example if you take the bath tub of this bathroom
> h**p://www.aroundthesims2.com/objects/sets_bathroom/001/index....
>
> Can you say me if this objects work on your mac and are in the game ?

Okay, let's see if I can make this clear. One of the default file formats
for the sims2 is .package, so you do not need a program to put package files
in your game. Create a folder called downloads in the documents/EA
Games/The Sims2 folder. Then put all your downloaded package files there
and they should show in the game.
You may need the CEP to get some of them to work. You can get that at the
simpe site.
http://sims.ambertation.de/cep.shtml?PHPSESSID=8fd503fd...

The file format .sims2pack is used for things made in bodyshop or
homecrafter or if you package your houses in the game. Those are the files
you need to double-click to install.
Double-clicking a package file will not do anything, unless you have simpe,
then it will open the file in simpe.
In other words, the package installer does NOT install *.package files, but
it installs packages that are part of a .sims2pack file.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 6:28:18 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> > Okay, let's see if I can make this clear. One of the default file
> formats for the sims2 is .package, so you do not need a program to put
> package files in your game. Create a folder called downloads in the
> documents/EA Games/The Sims2 folder. Then put all your downloaded package
> files there and they should show in the game.

It's what I have made and that the doesn't worked (with object from
Around The Sims site). :-(

can you indicate me the address of d/l (yours ?) for objects which work
for you and I could compare.

> You may need the CEP to get some of them to work. You can get that at the
> simpe site.
> <http://sims.ambertation.de/cep.shtml?PHPSESSID=8fd503fd...
> 17ab6f&PHPSESSID=00280c1fd3327cf22c070dccc6a4fe00>

I have donwload it. Thank you.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 6:28:19 PM

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>

>> > Okay, let's see if I can make this clear. One of the default file
>> formats for the sims2 is .package, so you do not need a program to put
>> package files in your game. Create a folder called downloads in the
>> documents/EA Games/The Sims2 folder. Then put all your downloaded
>> package
>> files there and they should show in the game.
>
> It's what I have made and that the doesn't worked (with object from
> Around The Sims site). :-(

What object?

> can you indicate me the address of d/l (yours ?) for objects which work
> for you and I could compare.
>

>> You may need the CEP to get some of them to work. You can get that at
>> the
>> simpe site.
>> <http://sims.ambertation.de/cep.shtml?PHPSESSID=8fd503fd...
>> 17ab6f&PHPSESSID=00280c1fd3327cf22c070dccc6a4fe00>
>>

> I have donwload it. Thank you.

Have you installed it?
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:15:52 AM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> "Michelle." <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote in message

> > It's what I have made and that the doesn't worked (with object from
> > Around The Sims site). :-(
>
> What object?

for example the bathroom there :
http://www.aroundthesims2.com/objects/sets_bathroom/001...

for example bath tub and toilettes... I have nothing in the game :-(

> > can you indicate me the address of d/l (yours ?) for objects which work
> > for you and I could compare.
> >

> >> You may need the CEP to get some of them to work. You can get that at
> >> the
> >> simpe site.
> >> <http://sims.ambertation.de/cep.shtml?PHPSESSID=8fd503fd...
> >> 17ab6f&PHPSESSID=00280c1fd3327cf22c070dccc6a4fe00>
> >>

> > I have donwload it. Thank you.
>
> Have you installed it?

yes it's done but nothing changes.

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***

*** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:58:51 AM

Those objects are simply recolors. You need to click the original object
thumbnail, then choose the recolor in the flyout that pops up.
Or you can use the swatch tool to change the default to the recolor too.
The swatch tool is the thing that looks like fabric swatches on a ring.

> Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>> "Michelle." <Viconia@alussinan.org> wrote in message
>

>> > It's what I have made and that the doesn't worked (with object from
>> > Around The Sims site). :-(
>>
>> What object?
>
> for example the bathroom there :
> http://www.aroundthesims2.com/objects/sets_bathroom/001...
>
> for example bath tub and toilettes... I have nothing in the game :-(
>

>> > can you indicate me the address of d/l (yours ?) for objects which work
>> > for you and I could compare.

>> > I have donwload it. Thank you.
>>
>> Have you installed it?
>
> yes it's done but nothing changes.
>

> --
>
> *** Des Souris et des Pommes ***
>
> *** Think Different ***
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:03:59 PM

Bluegenie2 <me@fuil.com> wrote:

> Those objects are simply recolors. You need to click the original object
> thumbnail, then choose the recolor in the flyout that pops up.
> Or you can use the swatch tool to change the default to the recolor too.
> The swatch tool is the thing that looks like fabric swatches on a ring.

Great !
Thank you very much

--

*** Des Souris et des Pommes ***