And I have a new probelm come up

Mustangey

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Well, i finally rma'd the motherboard using the manufactures warranty and it came back, my system will now turn on! Yay....

Or so i thought, the new probelm i'm getting is i can't get the monitor to come up with anything. i see it keep switching from channel a to b searching for a signal but can't find it.

The Monitor is a Samsung 191T Plus, I have it connected to my XFX 9800 Gx2 video card via the DVI cable. Any thoughts to why i'm not getting a signal?

One note tho, when i boot the system up. It will run for 5 seconds then restart, after that it remains on no clue why it would do that either.

Thanks in Advance! :D

Mustangey

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
lol if your talking about me posting specs i can do that, but it won't make a difference knowing what specs i have in the current situation.

PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W ATX12V

XFX GeForce 9800 GX2 Xtreme 1GB PCIe

G.SKILL 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-3GBNQ

Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU

Asus P6T-Deluxe Intel X58 Socket LGA1366

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case

but there they are, doubt it will change anything tho lol.

Thermalbeast

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
So what I'm reading is it boots once, then resets just after entering BIOS. And stays on with no video signal after the reset. Hmm have you tried going into your bios menu at all? It seems odd that the instant it trys to access BIOS first boot it resets..

I dont follow your logic at all . You have no idea why the computer wont run , but you know its not important what kind of computer , and that its not important to describe in detail the entire situation
HMMMMMM

anyway lets see if we can help
1/ I assume you just assembled this entire computer from scratch with all new components?

2/ is it actually POSTING , and making an audible beep from the mb speaker you have attached to the correct header on the mb ?

Have you gone through all the other steps in the checklist? There are a lot more common mistakes that can be resolved by going through the entire checklist. There are a lot of posts just like this every day. That's why the checklist was created. If you really perform every step in the checklist and still have problems then we can go from there. You're usually dealing with DOA hardware at that point.

Mustangey

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
You can close this thread, I'm not sure exactly why but after i put everything together and sat the case right up it decided. Hey I'm gona work for you even though you have been trying for hours on end to fix me. Lol So ye thanks anyway guys :)