Blue Screen New System Build

acguitarplayer

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
It seems that my problem is related to something going on between my motherboard and my memory. I have a new system build - upon trying to install Windows 7 I started getting some terrific blue screens during the install. After 4 tries I did get Windows to install, and then started getting more blue screens any time I tried to do just about anything... Windows updates, installing antivirus, downloading drivers, etc. It was suggested that I try reinstalling Windows in case I had a bad install. I've tried several times and haven't been able to get all the way through an install without getting a blue screen again. All of the blue screens have gone too quickly to get any info off of them. At another recommendation I made a bootable CD with memtest86 and have run just about every configuration I can think of. Results are as follows:

4 sticks of ram in: Computer freezes at 5% into first test
3 sticks of ram in: Computer freezes at 7% into first test (I have tried every configuration placing ram in different slots)
2 sticks of ram in: Computer retstarts at roughly 50% through first test (again I've tried every configuration of ram in different stots)
1 stick of ram in: Every stick passed with no errors, and every slot has passed with no errors

In my system I have:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550S 2.83 Ghz Processor
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L Mother
XFX Radeon HD 4870 1 GB Video Card
8GB Corsair XPS DDR2 Ram (4 2GB sticks)
WD Caviar Green 500 GB Hard Drive

Anyone have any suggestions that don't involve hammers? Thanks!