Dell G2410 24 inch Good Buy?

dvanholland

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I am looking to replace my 19 1280x1024 LCD monitor. First off, is anyone using this monitor? Anyone have any other recommendations? Am I going to have any issues with the 1920x1080 resolution.

Thanks

dvanholland

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Gaming. I have a 9600GT. Plan on getting a GTX 275 next month. I don't really want to spend much more that $200.

i7
6GB ram
2 500GB Raid 0

well, don;t plan on playing the games at high settings at 1920x1080 with the 9600GT until you get the GTX275

though what PSU are you running (make and model)

and yes, for under $200 thats good, i spent 171 on my ASUS 23.6" 1080P monitor

I would say its ok if you got it as a gift, meaning if you are going to shell out the cash needed for that screen you might as well get something better and cheaper...

Dell's line of LCD monitors are overpriced regardless if it's an "ultrasharp" or just the regular crappy monitor's they sell...I should know, my company purchased more than 100,000$ worth of Dell merchandise in a 2 year span.....

If its a gift it is welcome as always, if you are gonna pay for the monitor @ retail prices you better forget about it and choose from this list :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010190020%204802&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=RATING

I guess we were typing at the same time.....

The Dell 30" is a whole nother ballgame.... And stupid expensive as well......

For 200$-220$ I would get this :

ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052

or better yet this:

ASUS VW246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049

If you save up a lil more you can upgrade to this (note : no-free shipping) :

LG W2353V-PF Black 23" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 50000:1 w/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005125

IMO the LG is superior to the ASUS and you dont have to deal with the crappy speakers.....

dvanholland

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
How do you consider those monitors better on newegg? First off you are going off number of customer reviews (seriously...half those are just about not having usb ports built into the panel or the stand looking pretty). My requirements are minimal. I don't need tons of inputs or an ergo stand. I am more concerned about price and screen quality. Also, this particular monitor is an LED monitor. I don't know how this compares to other monitors out there since I have only seen LED monitors on Dell and Apple Laptops.

The Dell G2410 is priced at $209.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7956

You also mentioned the ASUS monitor. What is the policy for Dead pixels? From what I've heard, Dell is very good about exchanging panels. Also what is the warranty on that monitor? The Dell is 3 years parts.

I go off consumer reports and buy off of newegg since they have NO TAX, FREE SHIPPING and cheap prices....

That LED (non-hdmi) is an " el cheapo" son..... You want to see how much a real LED costs? Go to APPLE.COM and check their prices....

Trust me I have been in the IT industry for about 20 years.... This is pre-school for me....

Btw I own a Dell ultrasharp 24" and it is awesome.... My only complaint is that Dell overprices their hardware and as far as price to performance goes you can get a better deal from another vendor....

WTF!!!

Apple are hardly known for accurate pricing, ripping people off yes and don't come away with that industry *** here, it doesn't wash.

I met someone with 15 yhears experience who didn't have a clue how DDR ram worked as well as many others.

I guess that person lied to you.....

Yet, you just said go to apple.com!!!!!!!!

Stop trollin, I said check out apples prices cause as far as LED goes they are second to none....

If someone told you that they have 15 years of exp. and then they had no clue what DDR was, then it's obvios they lied to you...

Apple does not rip peeps off, they just have a large chunk of the market and as long as peeps keep buying ipods and macbooks it will stay the same.....

And last but not least, everytime I post something you butt in and try to correct me or you disagree for no reason.... Are you upset at me? Did I do anything to you?

dvanholland

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Again, I don't care about the HDMI. What is the warranty policy on that ASUS monitor that you suggested? Dell's is 3 years. As for the remark about Apple, in my opinion you are just paying for a brand.

itsgrandpa

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
i just bought a G2410 last month
honestly, coming from a 16 inch NEC CRT (paid 800 back in the day(1996?))
I really enjoy it, its a very low profile monitor. The stand has a 1/4 inch engraved tray area that you put stuff in, very unique imo.
Colors and everything seem good to me. Its a TN so you do experience a slight color shift.
I'm pretty happy with it, unfortunately I would like to get a "professional" calibration and I haven't found anything to compare with my current settings.
For about 250 after tax etc I really enjoy it. And I don't feel guilty leaving my computer on all the time. (low wattage)

Apple displays? While they aren't as overpriced as you might at first assume (since at least they use good, S-IPS panels), they still cost too much. The Dell Ultrasharp 2408 is a much better deal than the apple panels, and still has the benefits of a proper panel (I.E. non TN). HP has a good 24" non-TN as well, IIRC. Apple displays are good, yes, but they are far from competitively priced.

TRENDING THREADS