Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Core 2 quad q8200

Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 15, 2009 12:17:32 PM

In planning to build a pc using intel core 2 quad q8200, do you think its good for gaming? thanks a lot for the advice!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz, 4MB, 1333Mhz
Asus P5Q-EM, Intel G45/ICH10R Chipset
Kingston Value 2 GB DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240pin
Power Color HD4670 1GB,128bit,DDR3,DualDVI, TVO,PCS
Seagate 500 GB Serial ATA 7200rpm
Liteon IHAS 324 24x SATA Multi DVD Writer
All In One Card Reader, USB 2.0 Embedded

Philips 220E1SB 21.6 Inch Wide, 1920x1080, 5ms, DVI
Lan On-Board Realtek® 8111C PCI-E Gigabit LAN controllers, featuring AI Net2

More about : core quad q8200

a c 203 à CPUs
a b å Intel
October 15, 2009 3:24:12 PM

What kinds of games?
The HD 4670 video card and 1920x1080 monitor resolution is a mis-match for most modern games.
I have to think you'd be better off using a less expensive dual core CPU
and upgrading your video card.

Instead of the Q8200/HD4670 look at something like the E6300/HD4850

What are you using for a case and power supply?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 15, 2009 3:49:28 PM

I would be tempted to change the mobo / cpu to the newer i5 chip - and possibly swap the video card for a 275gtx

m
0
l
Related resources
October 16, 2009 10:26:33 AM

which is better an intel quad core or amd athlon X4?
m
0
l
October 16, 2009 10:42:15 AM

jc21 said:
which is better an intel quad core or amd athlon X4?


amd for sure they have L3 cache ( shared by all cores which is more efficient ) and they are more furtue proof ( you can upgrade the processor with the samemotherboard several times ), and you can buy amd x3 (better than any dual core ) with the same price of e6300 even you can buy athlon x4 for the same price, and also get yourself a good card ( 5750 for a little more than 4850 but with dx11 support ), even you can get hd 4670 which will not be bad for 1900 resolution it cant play maximum settings but most games will run near high at this resolution ( even crysis will run at medium high settings with shaders - the most important graphics setting - at high )
m
0
l
October 16, 2009 12:06:45 PM

how bout thid build?

AMD build?

AMD Athlon II X4 620 @2.6ghz
EMAXX AMD785G-FXN
2gb Kingston DDR3 1333
Sapphire HD4770 512mb ddr5
Samsung 320gb SATA 16mb cache
Samsung (SH-S223N) 22x dvdrw SATA
HEC Raptor 500w

or

Intel?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200@2.3ghz
Asus P5QL-EM Intel G43
2gb Kingston ValueRam ddr2 800
Sapphire HD4670 1gb ddr3
Samsung 320gb SATA 16mb cache
Samsung (SH-S223N) 22x dvdrw SATA
HEC Raptor 500w

what do you think guys? is the video card ok already for most games? is there really an advantage of going into quad cores than dual cores thanks a lot^^


m
0
l
a c 131 à CPUs
December 25, 2009 8:00:38 PM

dualblade said:
amd for sure they have L3 cache ( shared by all cores which is more efficient ) )


The Athlon IIx4 does not have L3 cache
m
0
l
December 25, 2009 8:23:45 PM

Actually the Athlon II x4 at 2.6 ghz is probably a bit better than the q8200. This is because there is about a 200 mhz advantage with the Core2 arch, but in this case the Athlon is about 300mhz faster, meaning a slight increase in speed. I'd also go with the Athlon since the AM3 mobo gives you access to future upgrades like Thuban and Bulldozer. Bulldozer imo being the real future proofing part, since Thuban's just going to be a 6 core Phenom II.
m
0
l
December 25, 2009 9:09:53 PM

I would go with the AMD 620, as it's both faster and you squeezed the ATI 4770 in instead of the ATI 4670.
m
0
l
a c 131 à CPUs
December 26, 2009 5:30:30 PM

yannifb said:
Actually the Athlon II x4 at 2.6 ghz is probably a bit better than the q8200. This is because there is about a 200 mhz advantage with the Core2 arch, but in this case the Athlon is about 300mhz faster, meaning a slight increase in speed. I'd also go with the Athlon since the AM3 mobo gives you access to future upgrades like Thuban and Bulldozer. Bulldozer imo being the real future proofing part, since Thuban's just going to be a 6 core Phenom II.

There is currently no definitive proof supporting the idea that Thuban and Bulldozer will be on the AM3 platform. It's a bit of a crapshoot but they might.
m
0
l
December 26, 2009 10:50:11 PM

enzo matrix said:
There is currently no definitive proof supporting the idea that Thuban and Bulldozer will be on the AM3 platform. It's a bit of a crapshoot but they might.


Actually on AMD's financial day 09 they said they would.
m
0
l
a c 131 à CPUs
December 27, 2009 2:11:21 AM

yannifb said:
Actually on AMD's financial day 09 they said they would.

Oh awesome. That's good to know. Do you have a link you can give me?
m
0
l
December 27, 2009 3:58:16 AM

enzo matrix said:
Thanks =)


no problem
m
0
l
!