Drivers for asus drw24b1st

dirtymark

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I have a Dell Inspiron 530/ Windows XP serv pk 3. The dvd rw that came with the unit went out the other day and so I went online and bought a ASUS DRW24B1ST dvd rw. Installed, everything went great. Burner has been working fine, even better than before. Keep this in mind.

As part of my maintenance chores, I run Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool along with virus scans, disk clean, defrag, etc... Well now when I run the Malicious Software Removal tool, at the very end, I'm getting a blue screen ( error: 0X0000008e). Seems the main reason for this error, is any new hardware installed, needs updated.

Now, lets add one more piece of information to this dilemma. About a week ago, I don't know how, but I believe I have downloaded some kind of virus/ malware that deals with my email. It seems to be sending internet links to individuals in my address book, either when I open Microsoft outlook or when I close it. Because, sometimes, when I open outlook, I have a list of emails that did not go through ( because allot of email addresses in my book are old and no longer any good!! Fortunately it seems ). Ever since this suspected virus, my computer began to run slow and slower each day. I finally went and purchased Advance System Care repair tool and this has worked wonders for getting my computer back in the game. Everything seems to be working fine, but I'm still getting a blue screen ( same error code) when I run the Malicious Software Tool. My McAffee anti virus and Spyware Doctor is not picking up on anything.

Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

d/l Malwarebytes Antimalware Free Scanner, update signature DB and run full scan. Replace Mcafee with advast (also free version). Your email has been hacked, most likely. Change password at a minimum.