I7 920 Asus P6T, good safe level

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
List your ram specs. Giving exact setting might not work as every board/chip etc is different even among the same models.

With my 920 (P6T) setup I try to find a bclk setting that will run my ram close to it's rated speed of 1600mhz. So I'm at 164 for 3433ghz and 1639 on the ram. I could go a lot further but I like running low voltage and heat.

I set my cpu voltage to the loaded turbo value in cpuz. So I set bios voltage until it matched what it was at stock, and so far it been running great nad prime stable.

As far as qpi/dram voltage, it depends on your ram quite a bit you'll just have to test. My setup is 1.275.00 I believe or something close to that. That doesn't mean you'll run stable at that setting but might give you a place to start.

Uncore should be twice that of you ram frequency and you'll obviously want to set your dram bus voltage and timings to factory specs, but under 1.65v if all possible.

Also try to keep the qpi link speed under 7000. Anything higher really just creates instability and will result in more voltage needed.

redwood36

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Thanks for the reply Bipedal Disaster.

This is my ram.

Additionaly I found this thread, which seems pretty good for what I need. Ill refer back to your post when I understand more of the terminology by reading this post. Thanks again!