Onboard ATI graphic..how to disable it?????

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
On my ASUS M4A785D-M PRO motherboard is ATI onboard graphic but unfortunately I dont know how to disable onboard graphic in bios I have tryed and play with bios but still nothing...
The reason why I want to swith it off is because I bought Palit GTS 250 Green 1Gb graphic card which is Nvidia but I cant get it working..
Can anyone help me please..
Thnaks

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have tryed many times to install GTS 250 will original CD what came with it but it said there isnt any suitable hardware for thid driver..any other ideas?

Try reseating the graphics card. Be sure to plug in the 12v auxillary to the card. If that doesn't work, you might try resetting the CMOS jumper to default the BIOS. Instructions for jumper reset are in the MB. There is no need to disable onboard in BIOS. Just install the GTS properly.

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Ok..could you tell me how to reset graphic card? My graphic card is in PCI-E slot and it is powered from PSU by 6-pin and fan is spining as it should..Dont think it will be the BIOS because its October 2009 version so it should be fine..what you think?
And about the reseting graphic card???

RESEAT. Not reset. Reinstall the graphics card. Remove it from the PCIE slot and 'reseat' it. Also, resetting the CMOS jumper does not update the BIOS version. It defaults the current BIOS to default values. If the GTS 250 is installed properly, BIOS will pick it up and disable onboard automatically.

When you install the card in the PCI-e slot be sure you also plug the monitor into the connector on the new video card - and then the system should automatically disable the onboard chip.

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
yes i have tryed it aswel in the bios by pressing F5 and bios sets to default..problem was same.kk go to reset cmos now..

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I just did reset CMOS, reaset my card and set bios default..tryed to install driver in windows but it wont let me its said NOT SUITABLE DRIVER FOR YOUR VGA CHIP..this cd came with graphic card..system just doesnt want to recognise my card in pci-e slot for some reason..i really dont know what to do...

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have monitor plugged into onboard graphic otherwise i tryed plug it to the GTS but the monitor is just black..checked device manager and there is only ATI Radeon HD 4200 which is onboard one, but gts isnt there..

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
well i will try and ask my friend on monday..my bios version is 07/072009 do you think it would help if i try and update it for newer version if there is any..????

Systen BIOS version has nothing to do with it. There wouild be no BIOS version that updated to support GTS 250. Leave the GTS installed and open device manager and check if the GTS shows up under display adapters. If not, the card is likely faulty. Try installing the GTS in another machine.

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Ok..maybe its PSU which is Powertek 500W so its maybe that... anyway i will try it on different motherboard and will see what will happen..thanks