Weird thingie going on with the love tub...

I got Daniel Pleasant and his current lay Dina Goth the love tub that
you can acquire from aspiration points and put it in this lovely gazeebo
out back. Weird thing is, every time I try to get them in it, whoever
goes in this one spot will keep getting out again, walking to another
side where there are no steps to get in, and complain that he can't get
in. Then the action disappears from the cue. I re-click for him to get
in and he goes back to his original spot, gets in, then immediately gets
out again, goes to the spot where he can't get in, etc. Finally I
deleted the love tub and put in a regular hot tub and he's just fine.

Anyone else get this? Weird.

Oh, and Daniel's the mayor now (God help Pleasantview) and it's fun to
watch his helicopter come pick him up every day!

--
--Cuth

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

>I got Daniel Pleasant and his current lay Dina Goth the love tub that you
>can acquire from aspiration points and put it in this lovely gazeebo out
>back. Weird thing is, every time I try to get them in it, whoever goes in
>this one spot will keep getting out again, walking to another side where
>there are no steps to get in, and complain that he can't get in. Then the
>action disappears from the cue. I re-click for him to get in and he goes
>back to his original spot, gets in, then immediately gets out again, goes
>to the spot where he can't get in, etc. Finally I deleted the love tub and
>put in a regular hot tub and he's just fine.
>
> Anyone else get this? Weird.
>
> Oh, and Daniel's the mayor now (God help Pleasantview) and it's fun to
> watch his helicopter come pick him up every day!
>
> --
> --Cuth

the tub is probably too close to the walls of the gazebo. try moving it
someplace w/o walls, and see if you get the same actions.

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like they want to get in, but something is in the way. Try it
and if it doesn't work - oh, well - I was wrong.

deb

deb wrote:

> the tub is probably too close to the walls of the gazebo. try moving it
> someplace w/o walls, and see if you get the same actions.

Why would having walls "too close" make a Sim get out when he's already
in the tub, then try to get in where there are no steps to get in, then
get back in where there are steps, etc., repeat?

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> deb wrote:
>
>> the tub is probably too close to the walls of the gazebo. try
>> moving it someplace w/o walls, and see if you get the same actions.
>>

> Why would having walls "too close" make a Sim get out when he's
> already in the tub, then try to get in where there are no steps to
> get in, then get back in where there are steps, etc., repeat?

Have you tried turning the tub around a little bit? Maybe they don't like
the way it's oriented.

Jeanie

Dr. Richard Cranium wrote:
> whoa. I liked to use that "aspiration love tub" until I found out almost
> to late that the Sim's have be in "Platimin aspiration to use it. IF not
> then your sims will start acting weird with the tub. No where in my sims 2
> (uni) do I have that love tub.

Hmmm...good point.

--
--Cuth