Why dates are not bold on restoring system

arora parveen

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
I have window xp professional. My problem is related to restoring system. Actually i am facing problem that i want to restore my system but previous dates are not bold in my calender. So tell me how can i search for restoring. I also made a create restore point on 16 dec. But, the date is not bold. Last time I create a window before 3 months. After that i have many software installed and uninstalled. But no dates are being shown. Only current date is shown as bold.What is the reason...Please help me.. :(

Right click my computer > click properties > system restore tab.
Click settings button.
Does it say monitoring ?
Do you have enough disk space allocated

arora parveen

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
Rested sir,
I HAVE DONE who suggest by u in properties off my computer.all drives are monitiring and also tuern on means not clocking on turn off. tell me how can i do ? i create a restore point 2 days before ,how can i see it .its possible or not coz my calender not shown bold date.thanks

On the system restore Tab, if that box that Says"Turn off " is checked, then you will NOT have a restore point. Click on That box to make it blank, then click apply, ok. You will now be able to record system restore points.

When you looked at settings button,was the slider bar set to MAX, which is equal to 12% of the drive space ?

arora parveen

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011

Mr. ksiemb

yup the "TURN OFF" box is unchecked and also the slider bar is set to max. But still we are getting the same problem.Plz do reply.

How much free space is on your drive ? Have you run a disk cleanup recently ?

These & other causes of missing restore points are in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301224

If nothing applies to you, and you have a Windows CD, i would run
sfc /scannow or repair install to check for corrupted OS files.

arora parveen

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011
RESOECTED SIR,
Thanks for reply .u say to me check the properties of my computer i checked 2 days before therew is turn off is untick but opposite of drive monitoting to change suspended .i think this function help me? how can i do suspended to change in monitring plz reply