Tags:
  • Chaintech
  • Audio
  • Motherboards
  • Sound Cards
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
January 9, 2010 10:28:21 PM

I know this is an old motherboard but it works ok .
I installed win 7 over XP and now have no sound. My control panel says there is no win 7 compatable driver availble for my audio card.
The taskbar shows the speaker icon with a red x. When I hover over it says no audio output device is installed.
The motherboard is CT-7NJL6. It is AGP.
If there is an audio card separate from the mobo and I remove it, will the mobo audio kick in automatically?
Do I need a AGP type soundcard if I decide to try to get a new sound card?

As I said, the computer works Ok, sound is nice to have for some of the woodworking mags I subscribe to. I listen to music on a different computer that is newer.

Any help or suggestions, other than scrap it, would be appreciated.
I am not very computer friendly, just a user, but I could swap out the soundcard.

Thanks
Ed

More about : audio win

January 10, 2010 1:44:39 AM

Your only option is to get a sound card.
m
l
a c 78 V Motherboard
January 10, 2010 3:22:00 AM

Get a reasonably-priced PCI sound card. If you get one w/o Win7 drivers, get them at the mfrs.' web site. If there aren't any Win7 drivers, try the Vista drivers. I had a Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH, and I loved that board.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 12, 2010 5:50:51 AM

I am not getting sound either on my VNF3-250. The front panel headphone jack connected to the AC'97 pin-out works fine but I can't get audio from the back.

What cheap PCI sound card would you guys recommend that would work with Windows 7 x86? I see a bunch on eBay listed for $5 shipped but I'm not sure if it's compatible.
m
l
a c 78 V Motherboard
March 12, 2010 1:02:09 PM

Here are some from newegg. There's one (PPA INtl) for about $10 near the bottom of the page - has positive reviews for Win7
m
l