CPU fan for a Phenom II X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schroeder369

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hello,
I have an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX (socket AM3+) with a Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition etc, etc. And I'm looking into upgradeing my CPU fan from stock for overclocking. However I dont have near enough money to step up to water-cooling at this point in time so I'm looking for a good aftermarket fan, Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

For example, would the Kuhler H20 920 be worth the money? or?

Thanks

Solution

Yeah, the H100 is very good and solid as entry kit WC. The 750 Rasa is very good, is better that air cooling and can works in the AM3+ mobos.

Schroeder369

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I dont want to spend more than 100 really but for the right one, id spend 125, but thats as far as I can go right now. I have a HAF X case so I'm sure pretty much anything will fit, as far as I can tell. do you know if they (the Hyper 212+ or the Venomous X) would keep up with the Kuhler H20 920 as far as cooling? I've never messed with cooling very much until this build so I'm mostly in the dark about it

Schroeder369

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
That H100 looks pretty awesome, not gonna lie... i'm kind of swinging in that direction at the moment. Water cooling like that is significantly better than any of the air cooling right? and the XSPC Rasa 750 looks like it cant be that much better cooling for the extra 30 bucks. I could be wrong there though. I'm assuming when it says it works on AM3 it will also work on AM3+ right?

Yeah, the H100 is very good and solid as entry kit WC. The 750 Rasa is very good, is better that air cooling and can works in the AM3+ mobos.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS