GPU upgrade for HDTV

I am looking at getting a Visiontek 4870 1GB for $149.99 from BB. How good will this be for games and blu-ray on a 46" 1080P HDTV?

Just so you know.... building a new comp to use my HDTV, and can't reuse my old venerable 7950 GT. It was a great card.

And I want to stay ATI...... my entire build is AMD.
6 answers Last reply
More about upgrade hdtv
  1. It will work just fine.
  2. What are you intending to do? Game? TV (record/watch)? Movies?

If you're just doing DVDs, TV, and Blu Ray a 4870 is WAY overkill. If you're gaming then it is appropriate.
  3. KyleSTL said:
    What are you intending to do? Game? TV (record/watch)? Movies?

If you're just doing DVDs, TV, and Blu Ray a 4870 is WAY overkill. If you're gaming then it is appropriate.

did you not read his post

Anonymous said:
    I am looking at getting a Visiontek 4870 1GB for $149.99 from BB. How good will this be for games and blu-ray on a 46" 1080P HDTV?

Just so you know.... building a new comp to use my HDTV, and can't reuse my old venerable 7950 GT. It was a great card.

And I want to stay ATI...... my entire build is AMD.

he said games
  4. and yes, it should be fine for games since resolution not size matters, you have 1920x1080 which i also have on my 23.6" monitor
  5. why from best buy? stay away from there for computer hardware... go newegg!
  6. newegg doesn't have the 1GB visiontek 4870. only the 512 MB for $10-15 less. So I am looking at best buy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs HDTV Graphics