Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Good Water Cooling?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 9, 2011 10:16:57 PM

Specs are below just want a very good water cooling system for cpu gpu and ram possibly chipset aswell. Thanks in advance

More about : good water cooling

a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 9, 2011 10:44:21 PM

Quote:
and ram possibly chipset aswell

Why these? There isn't a reason you need to watercool these components.

Please read the stickies in my signature...I think you might want to pick up some info that will help you out here...I don't think you really want random strangers to tell you what to spend a few hundred dollars on without knowing for yourself, right?
m
l
August 9, 2011 10:51:46 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:
and ram possibly chipset aswell

Why these? There isn't a reason you need to watercool these components.

Please read the stickies in my signature...I think you might want to pick up some info that will help you out here...I don't think you really want random strangers to tell you what to spend a few hundred dollars on without knowing for yourself, right?

I want my computer to run cool thats all the reason i need. By the way my specs are updated ddr3 1866 sniper ram 2x4gb 850w psu 6gb/s hdd 64 mb cache and a 990fx ud3 mobo im just wondering what you think is good
m
l
Related resources
August 9, 2011 10:57:32 PM

Watercooling on your chipset and RAM can possibly hinder cooling on the other components depending on how its set up. Also the RAM and chipset have no tangible benefit from running cooler.
m
l

Best solution

August 10, 2011 12:13:39 AM

Friend, most RAMs, including the one you choose, alredy come with heatsinks installed. In order to install watercooling, you would have to remove them, its tricky and therefore I advise you not to do so. In addition, the blocks, tubing and noozels would pass $100

I also recomend not watercooling the motherboard, unless its fan is loud. For your videocard, pick one of the following:

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?...
http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?...

Its up to you to choose the Radiator, pump, Reservoir, tubing, noozle and coolant (altough I recomend a Koolance or Thermalke coolant). I also recommend a Koolance CPU block

I personally use Swiftech Radiator, pump, reservoir and Zalman tubing.
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
August 10, 2011 12:17:41 AM

No need to watercool either. If you are going to do some moderate to high overclocking, you could drop a northbridge block on...but forget RAM, MOSFETs, southbridge, hard drives...etc. Good case airflow is more than enough for these components.

What is good for me and my budget and build is likely different than for yours. I can easily build a loop for you that would run well over $500-$600, but my guess is, you wouldn't necessarily want that as your budget.

Again, I would like to kindly suggest reading through the WC stickies in my signature below. There is a lot of information contained throughout the links that will greatly benefit your current knowledge and allow you to determine what you will actually need based on hardware, budget, expectations, etc. We can always go the route of you sending money to my PayPal account for what I would charge, and I order you lesser-priced gear for your build...or we can help you learn how to build your own loop and understand what you will need for YOU. :) 

Quote:
altough I recomend a Koolance or Thermalke coolant

I recommend only distilled, killcoil and PTnuke...no coolants.

And what's with only telling people 'Koolance'? There are other products out there...they make some good stuff, but so do a lot of other manufacturers...
m
l
August 20, 2011 7:36:40 PM

Best answer selected by jt0542.
m
l
!