Maximum _Practical_ Limit to Dorm Population?

I know that for a given _household_, the limit is eight (player) Sims.
There are, however, dorms that allow for more residents (who would be
NPC Sims beyond the 8-Sim limit). I've also been playing around with
building my own dorms, and built one that, while nice in appearance, is
undoubtedly WAY over any reasonable limit to the number of residents -
it's 56 residents, and just about every facility that might be needed -
other than stores - is right on the lot (I started with the largest
possible lot).

That said, does anyone have an idea of the PRACTICAL limit to the number
of residents a dorm can have before a typical mid-range Sims-capable
computer starts choking or degrading?

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:06:42 -0400, Jeff Zeitlin
<jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote:

>That said, does anyone have an idea of the PRACTICAL limit to the number
>of residents a dorm can have before a typical mid-range Sims-capable
>computer starts choking or degrading?

I made a dorm with like 70 students... no idea what the upper limit
is. Game stuttered pretty good though, had to run it at normal speed
all the time.

I tried one with 18 studenta and found it very choppy and unpleasant at
the higher speed settings, and sluggish on normal. It surely depends
on your video card and computer set up, what is the maximum "practical"
setting.