Is there something wrong with my voltages? (picture)

Hey guys could someone check the voltages on this picture please.

I overclocked to 4.5ghz last night and checked CPU-z and noticed the voltage jumping up and down a lot so I went back to default settings but it seems it still jumps around a lot. (i never checked it before i started to OC).

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to overclocking so im really worried my PSU is screwed. Its back on factory settings here.

2 answers Last reply
More about wrong voltages picture
  1. I have to add, these results are over 15 minutes of high load.
  2. There is nothing wrong with your voltages. Your CPU voltages are just responding to changes in load.

The rest of the voltages? I do not trust any of them. Your monitoring software is not reporting them correctly.

You can check most of the PSU voltages from the BIOS in the PC Health section.

Use a DMM to measure the voltages. Measure between the colored wires and either chassis ground or the black wires. Yellow wires should be 12 volts. Red wires: +5 volts, orange wires: +3.3 volts, blue wire : -12 volts, violet wire (standby power supply): 5 volts always on. Tolerances are +/- 5% except for the -12 volts which is +/- 10%.

The gray wire is really important. It should go from 0 to +5 volts when you turn the PSU on with the case switch. CPU needs this signal to boot.

You can carefully work from the back of the main power connector.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking