Is there something wrong with my voltages? (picture)

joostlobe

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Hey guys could someone check the voltages on this picture please.

I overclocked to 4.5ghz last night and checked CPU-z and noticed the voltage jumping up and down a lot so I went back to default settings but it seems it still jumps around a lot. (i never checked it before i started to OC).

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to overclocking so im really worried my PSU is screwed. Its back on factory settings here.

2011-08-10_0909.png

There is nothing wrong with your voltages. Your CPU voltages are just responding to changes in load.

The rest of the voltages? I do not trust any of them. Your monitoring software is not reporting them correctly.

You can check most of the PSU voltages from the BIOS in the PC Health section.

Use a DMM to measure the voltages. Measure between the colored wires and either chassis ground or the black wires. Yellow wires should be 12 volts. Red wires: +5 volts, orange wires: +3.3 volts, blue wire : -12 volts, violet wire (standby power supply): 5 volts always on. Tolerances are +/- 5% except for the -12 volts which is +/- 10%.

The gray wire is really important. It should go from 0 to +5 volts when you turn the PSU on with the case switch. CPU needs this signal to boot.

You can carefully work from the back of the main power connector.