Sign in with
Your question

[NEED HELP!]OCing my Phenom X6 1090T for 1st time [NEED ADVICE ASAP]

Last response: in Overclocking
August 10, 2011 11:43:38 AM

Hi there,

I am a complete noob when it comes to OCing :sol: 

but i see here lots of xperienced and cool people who are able to tap a lot of power out of their AMD machines !!

So if you can guide me here and tell me what settings i need to use using ur vast knowledge it would be AWSOME !! :bounce: 

Heres the Specs of my RIG

1)Motherboard: Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
2)SMPS: Coolermaster rs 600 pcar e3
3)Processor:AMD phenom ii x6 1090T
4)RAM: 2x corosair cmx4gx3m1a1600c9 (total 8gb ram)
5)Processor cooling system:cooler master v6gt
6)Cabinet: HAF 922 with 2 extra fans ( top and right side panel)

Also i am posting my current CPU-Z specs :) 

DO PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS !! I ALSO WANNA BE A PROUD OWNER OF A SUPER FAST PHENOM X6 JUST LIKE U :bounce: 
August 11, 2011 3:02:29 PM

First, follow the guidelines Saint19 has given you. He helped me hit 4.1Ghz, so his advice is golden.

After you have set your memory timings correctly, change the multiplier to 20x then up the cpu voltage to 1.325v. If you have good cooler it should have no problems. If you get the blue screen of death (BSOD), you may need a little more cpu voltage, but don't go too high or you'll fry it.

After this, you can either change the NB frequency to 205 to achieve 4.1Ghz or adjust the cpu multiplier to 20.5x. However, increasing the northbridge frequency screws with your RAM and, if you're memory sucks, it won't be able to do anything and may not even start and you'll have to reset your BIOS and start over. At this point you will be at the normal "breaking point" of the processor. I haven't seen many 1090T's over 4.1Ghz, but it is possible if you have a good chip, awesome cooling, and stable RAM.

P.S. don't run Prime95 a lot as this will eventually destroy a cpu. (Word to the wise.)
m
l
!