Reasonable Air-cooling Method?

T_larson911

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I was wondering if anyone could tell if my PC cooling method is any good. I have been working on trying to get my temperatures to get as low as I can. The temperature in my room is pretty cool but I do not know the exact temperature although I do know the temperatures of my components.
*The temperatures are located in one of the pictures I have posted*

The case that I am currently using is the (ExtremEngine 3T PC Case).
I was also thinking about cutting out a hole at the top of the case and fitting a fan there to get more heat out.
Basically I just need to know what you guys think of my cooling.

NOTE: I have also overclocked my CPU (Changed the multiplier but I have not seen any difference in CPU temperature change). I have overclocked my video card too, so that obviously gets a little bit warmer but not by much.

*this is also my first thread that I wrote, so I'm sorry if I have made a mistake. If I have made any mistake, be sure to tell me so that I don't screw up next time. Also, if you guys need any more information to make a reasonable assumption about my system, please let me know.*

Thanks for any help provided.

Here are some pics of my system:
dsc00693n.jpg

dsc00696rz.jpg

dsc00700bb.jpg

tempswb.jpg

Solution
Those temperatures are pretty good for a stock cooler, usually the stock coolers aren't very good. The better aftermarket coolers will work a lot better than a stock cooler when you are overclocking near the limit. Go to frostytech.com and look at their reviews and ratings of CPU coolers.
Your temperatures are nominal.

To see what your ultimate potential for cooling is, remove the sides from your case, and direct a house fan at the innards.
If you see a great improvement, then perhaps there is more to be done.

What cpu cooler are you using?

How good is your cable management? A pic if you can.

T_larson911

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I am currently using the same old stock fan that came with my CPU, but I've been wanting to get a new cooler. I just have not figured out which cooler I should get for my CPU. I have been cleaning the case out regularly to make sure that the computer is running cool.
I am no expert on cable management but I've tucked all of the cables behind the drive bays, so the air coming in from the front can flow into the case pretty good. I will try to take some pictures of my case as soon as I can and I will also try pointing a house fan into the case to see what happens. Thanks for your response. :D

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Why are you trying to fix something that isn't broken?

Your CPU temperatures are perfectly fine, your HDD temps are perfectly fine, and your video card temperatures are "Okay" which can easily be fixed with a $10 PCI-Slot cooler or a rear grill fan or better yet increasing the speed of your actual video card fan.

T_larson911

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I was just trying to make sure I can get the best out of my system. Right now I think it's pretty good now from feedback, but I might make that top air vent. Also thanks for telling me about the PCI-Slot cooler. I'd have to get that.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Those temperatures are pretty good for a stock cooler, usually the stock coolers aren't very good. The better aftermarket coolers will work a lot better than a stock cooler when you are overclocking near the limit. Go to frostytech.com and look at their reviews and ratings of CPU coolers.

Solution

T_larson911

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Thanks for your feedback. I'll check that site out. I have also been using another site called FrozenCPU.com and they have so much stuff that you can buy for air cooling and other methods for cooling. I just don't have much to spend on an expensive cooler at the moment, but now that I know that a new fan could lower the temps even more, now I'm going to try to buy a new cooler as soon as I can.