Poor Vertex 2 benchmark

torepia

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
vertex2.png

So this is a benchmark of my Vertex 2 120gb 25nm (I think this is 25nm).

Im really dissapointed of the seq write speed.

What do you guys think of these results?

Should I request an RMA from OCZ?
Would I recieve a disk back with better performance?

the AS SSD benchmark shows false reading do to the Sandforce controller. I can't see what you ATTO benchs say, and I can't zoom in.

See my thread about the same topic here.

Stay away from too many benchmarks tests, they only corrupt the drive.

torepia

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Yeah I know, but as a normal user, is all the data uncomressed?

If this bench, tests for data types that is normal in use, its more relevant imo!

Other SSDs perform better in this test, also the 32nm version is better.

The question is: Should I return it for another vertex 2, will I get the 32nm version if I turn it in with RMA?

tecmo34

Administrator

groberts101

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010

yeah.. and why the hell did you put that AS SSD benchmark where you did? Talk about a tease! LOL

Here's the deal. You have a 64GBit drive there as denoted by the 107GB size and should be 111GB when corrected. Go here to set up an RMA to get a 32GBit as a swap. That drive is at a "settled sate throttle" now and the new one will be a bit faster and in an unthrottled fresh state. Regardless of the lower numbers when using incompressible data on a controller that utilizes compression?.. they are still on top of the performance charts for a reason. Typical OS data will be much more like the ATTO numbers and vids would be closer to the AS numbers.
http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?86056-Info-regarding-32-and-25nm-64Gbit-drives-that-did-not-meet-IDEMA-specifications.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

Penny actually annoys the bejesus out me and is one of the main reasons I dislike that show.

However that is an amazing picture of Kaley Cuoco!