I've been thinkin' of upgrading my XFX 8800GT to an XFX 275GTX since it costs 200€ now on the european market
Just wondering...is this a good time to upgrade?,or should i wait by the end of the year to see if this card or the 285GTX drops/cuts prices?,i might not be able to afford for the next getn 300GTX cards,i bet they'll be friggin costy....
My screen resolution is always at 1680x1050 in a 20" LCD SAMSUNG monitor and i normally play games like TEAM FORTRESS 2 or whatever game that comes up..i just got the feelin the card is at it's latest moments due to W.Vista/7 RTM...
Well...what do you guys think?...I've tried running TF2 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits and it kinda...strutters...the Dual CPU option from msconfig is at 2 and in the game its Dual Core use is also On...where's the prob?...
ok the ram is a bit on the slow side first get some 800/1066 ram then overclock your cpu a bit to bout 3.4ghz if things dont improve you can just wait 6 weeks when ati launch their new cards wich will force price cuts on all graphics cars
The ram should help a bit, any reason your not going for even a slight overclock?
the e8400 is a great overclocker, i got it to 3.6 with only minor voltage tweaks, and it runs at the same temp as stock with my xigmatech dark knight. Going from 3.0 to 3.4-3.6 should net you a fairly substantial gain.
I agree, its not worth it for you to upgrade the card, just wait for the new stuff.
I doubt the ram will do much??? Theres not much to gain because if the ram is too slow then it will jus run on a different ratio to the FSB....EG. If your FSB is 333mhz....and your ram is 667mhz (really 2x333mhz) then your ram is running in perfect ratio of 1:1 (333:333MHz) to FSB and this is the perfect situation.
If your FSB is say 222MHz and your ram 667mhz (again, really 2x333MHz) then your FSB RAM ratio is 2:3 (222MHz:333MHz) and will still run pretty well.
Your best off finding the CPU FSB speed in BIOS, then setting your ram so that it runs in 1:1 - if your FSB is 333 then your ram should be set to 667. Only if your FSB is 400MHz (fro example) and your RAM cant run @ 800MHz then this is the only time your gonna benefit from buying 800MHz RAM.
Also i would hold off buying until the new cards come out (probs 2month at the latest) and reap the benefits of the price drops.
Unless your gonna buy a GTX260 or HD4870 as they probs only drop by about £10 at the most as theyre soooo low already!