core2duo e7400 2.8 going to oc it to 3.1 :D 
MB GA-G41M and they call it combo
350W psu
2gb ddr3 ram 1333mhz

and what do you think can i play gta4 with this specs
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 12, 2011 2:04:30 AM

Grab the hd5670, it is much better! I think you could play at med settings.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 13, 2011 2:22:51 PM

HD5670, but you'll need a QUALITY 350w psu, not a cheap-o.
m
l
August 13, 2011 3:14:48 PM

yea i got a 350w psu hec gamma is that ok ??!!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 13, 2011 6:27:20 PM

HEY!!! i just looked up the gamma case - chuck that gamma PSU in your bin and set it on fire! that PSU isn't reliable - or atleast thas what all the google searches have lead me to think.

I'd ask you to buy a PSU from a reputed brand; thermaltake, corsair, NZXT, seasonic or xfx. You could run off the HEC but if your rig blows up - please look at yourself in the mirror when you want to know who did it :) 

but if we were to stick to the threads topic...and the section of the post; if you're going to OC in the future then 350W is actually cutting a bread with a spoon - it can't be done. Either your components will start to fail or your rig is entitled to die because of improper power distribution.

In this case the xfx 450W psu would be a good buy, but if you're looking at an upgrade in the future, pick up a 550W~650W PSU - NZXT Hale90 80+gold 650W psu FTW?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 13, 2011 8:12:47 PM

Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, XFX, NZXT, OCZ, or PC Power and cooling are good. I have heard bad things about thermaltake and would not buy from them.

*Note: New OCZ power supplys are quality PSUs, not the old ones.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 13, 2011 8:16:28 PM

Quote:
I have heard bad things about thermaltake
huh? are you talking about the lite power or TR2 series? I've owned a thermaltake Toughpower 600W PSU and it was awesome with my OC'ed rig. I then got a thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W PSU - good build - and besides check out http://www.jonnyguru.com/. If they say its bad...then its bad. Period.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 13, 2011 10:13:47 PM

Lutfij said:
Quote:
I have heard bad things about thermaltake
huh? are you talking about the lite power or TR2 series? I've owned a thermaltake Toughpower 600W PSU and it was awesome with my OC'ed rig. I then got a thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W PSU - good build - and besides check out http://www.jonnyguru.com/. If they say its bad...then its bad. Period.

Hmmm, interesting. I wouldn't put my trust in them because of what i have heard about them though. Sounds like they have improved though. You can grab a Antec HCG 620w for $50 after rebate though. It was made by seasonic.
m
l
August 14, 2011 3:44:30 AM

Lutfij said:
HEY!!! i just looked up the gamma case - chuck that gamma PSU in your bin and set it on fire! that PSU isn't reliable - or atleast thas what all the google searches have lead me to think.

http://a.imageshack.us/img838/8711/p1010459w.jpg

I'd ask you to buy a PSU from a reputed brand; thermaltake, corsair, NZXT, seasonic or xfx. You could run off the HEC but if your rig blows up - please look at yourself in the mirror when you want to know who did it :) 

but if we were to stick to the threads topic...and the section of the post; if you're going to OC in the future then 350W is actually cutting a bread with a spoon - it can't be done. Either your components will start to fail or your rig is entitled to die because of improper power distribution.

In this case the xfx 450W psu would be a good buy, but if you're looking at an upgrade in the future, pick up a 550W~650W PSU - NZXT Hale90 80+gold 650W psu FTW?

What this guy said. He mentioned all of the budget brands that are reliable.

If you want to go for the gold:

Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling...also, read toms hardware's most recent power supply article

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-ma...

And i'd also read this one titled "Dont be surprised when your cheap PSU blows up".

I wouldn't buy any Nvidia card that was below a 560ti. Starting with the 5000 series, AMD has been extremely competitive with their mid-range and budget solutions. It's one area that Nvidia really needs to focus on.

Buy the 5670 and a antec or corsair power supply!! Youll be happy as heck!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 14, 2011 1:12:59 PM

XFX is also made by Seasonic and OCZs are made by PC power and cooling now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 14, 2011 4:17:38 PM

yeap, been reading about that quite alot on jonnyguru's site ... seems the bad PSU days are numbered..?

Quote:
I wouldn't buy any Nvidia card that was below a 560ti.
but for the OP I don;t think the budget would suit him - cos if he did, ask between choosing an AMD 6870 or an equivalent nvidia card, I'd ask the OP to grab the GTX560/560Ti as it is on par with the 6870 and also has the added benefit of enabling physx in certain games(though not all games have physx on them).

Quote:
they are the same price
and my specs is
core2duo e7400 2.8 going to oc it to 3.1
MB GA-G41M and they call it combo
350W psu
2gb ddr3 ram 1333mhz

and what do you think can i play gta4 with this specs

you currently have a G41 chipset mobo, don't be sad when i tell you that you can only achieve at best an OC of 10% aka, a 3.08~3.1GHz OC(but this depends mainly on some proc vid's) so don;t be confident on achieving a 10% OC at all...just be happy with whatever you can get out of that chip :) 

speaking of GTA IV req's; check this out

so the most you need out of the card for this game is a 8600GT. So the GT440 is 4 tiers higher than it, while the 5670 is 7 tiers higher than the 8600GT. So best option now would be the 5670 but if you're looking dead eye center for an upgrade, then i think a higher card is in order...plus a PSU.

* i think the OP has walked out on us and gone ahead with a purchase of his preference :whistle: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 14, 2011 4:37:12 PM

Lutfij said:
yeap, been reading about that quite alot on jonnyguru's site ... seems the bad PSU days are numbered..?

Quote:
but for the OP I don;t think the budget would suit him - cos if he did, ask between choosing an AMD 6870 or an equivalent nvidia card, I'd ask the OP to grab the GTX560/560Ti as it is on par with the 6870 and also has the added benefit of enabling physx in certain games(though not all games have physx on them).

The GTX 560 is on par with the hd6870, but has a lower minimum frame rate. The GTX 560 ti beats the hd6870 and is on par with the hd5870. :D 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 14, 2011 4:44:56 PM

yeah i skimmed on that info as well...thank you for correcting me
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 14, 2011 4:55:00 PM

Lutfij said:
yeah i skimmed on that info as well...thank you for correcting me

No problem! ;) 
m
l
August 14, 2011 10:59:32 PM

Quote:

I suppose i could've said that better...if i had to buy a card with performance that was less than that of a 560ti, it would not be an nvidia card.

The only cards that i'd buy from nvidia would be the 560ti, 570, and 580
m
l
August 14, 2011 11:01:59 PM

HostileDonut said:
XFX is also made by Seasonic and OCZs are made by PC power and cooling now.

Made by and designed by are two different things. I thought that PC Power & Cooling was simply selling designs?

I've have more than one OCZ power supply fail in a SPECTACULAR FASHION over the past year on me.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 15, 2011 2:26:01 AM

I heard that OCZ bought out PC power and cooling and uses there design now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 15, 2011 11:10:41 AM

Quote:
I've had more than one OCZ power supply fail in a SPECTACULAR FASHION over the past year on me.

well than if it took out the rest of your parts, then the manufacturer would be replacing the entire system. I dunno where but ONE OP had lost his entire rig cos of a blown psu from OCZ, they replaced all his innards in an RMA process.

I'm still wondering where the OP went...are you guys thinking the same? there's no feedback from him its just us talking jitter :lol: 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 15, 2011 3:13:39 PM

Lutfij said:
Quote:
I've had more than one OCZ power supply fail in a SPECTACULAR FASHION over the past year on me.

well than if it took out the rest of your parts, then the manufacturer would be replacing the entire system. I dunno where but ONE OP had lost his entire rig cos of a blown psu from OCZ, they replaced all his innards in an RMA process.

I'm still wondering where the OP went...are you guys thinking the same? there's no feedback from him its just us talking jitter :lol: 

Haha, yeah. I own an OCZ 600w and it is very silent and good. The old OCZs suck, but the new OCZ PSUs are known for being great with high efficiency.
m
l
August 16, 2011 7:40:41 AM

Lutfij said:
Quote:

I suppose i wasn't quite as unlucky as him. I had the PSU fail on me. But nothing else. It literally blew on me--poof! It was actually more like a-- POW!! or BOOM!!!

it was a stealthXstream, a evostream, and a gamestream.

I was looking on the who's who of power supply makers article...and it must be specifically the FSP units that are voodoo.

OCZ does own PC Power & Cooling now.

But that doesn't mean PCPnC is designing all of their power supplies. It merely means that OCZ pays their engineers now.

Bottom line. Avoid their budget power supplies.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 16, 2011 10:36:43 AM

jamesyboy said:
I suppose i wasn't quite as unlucky as him. I had the PSU fail on me. But nothing else. It literally blew on me--poof! It was actually more like a-- POW!! or BOOM!!!

it was a stealthXstream, a evostream, and a gamestream.

I was looking on the who's who of power supply makers article...and it must be specifically the FSP units that are voodoo.

OCZ does own PC Power & Cooling now.

But that doesn't mean PCPnC is designing all of their power supplies. It merely means that OCZ pays their engineers now.

Bottom line. Avoid their budget power supplies.

I bought the STX2 (stealthxstream2) 600w from OCZ and it works like a dream! It was rated great at every reviewer and can actually supply 700w. PCPnC makes the PSUs now and that is wjhy they are so good.
m
l
!