OCZ Pulling Negative Reviews on Newegg

Scytus

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Seriously?

I left a negative review on Newegg yesterday regarding the OCZ Vertex 3 120GB, stated its pros & cons, and was for the most part dissatisfied in the random performance. It was approved by Newegg in the morning, and I saw my review posted. Though a couple hours later when I checked again, it was gone.

Is this really how OCZ practices business? Pressure Newegg to remove the negative reviews so it won't hurt sales? What kind of setup are they running?

In effort to repay the favor, I will post this on as many forums as I am aware of, and make others aware of how shady an operation OCZ is running.

I will never buy from that company again. Ever.

EDIT: Further proof it was removed
346w220.png

It states there are two "1 egg" reviews, yet it only displays one. I assume Newegg's system haven't had yet a chance to refresh the review numbers. The traces of my review is still there.

EDIT 2: Added a picture of my dashboard, displaying the review that I submitted and was approved, that is no longer visible on the Vertex 3 120GB product page:
mt9ksm.png

Solution
As someone who has been starring at this drive on newegg for more than a few weeks. Including trying to refresh and buy for it's last ETA that came and went with no luck. After just reading this i jumped over to newegg and it does show 2 bad eggs but when you click on those reviews, none show up. I know for a fact there was at least 1 posted last week and the person gave it a bad egg because it was DOA. All I can say is it's odd at the least.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Really?

You'd jump to this conclusion first when your review has disappeared? There's a host of reasons it could have not appeared.

Also, in fairness, how can we be so sure you aren't employed by some other SSD manufacturer that is actually exercising the bad practice that you claim OCZ are?

Scytus

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
..Really? It was there, now it isn't. A lot more positive reviews have been added, but mine has completely disappeared.

I can also see how this can seem like a very persuasive argument, saying I'd never buy from them again, but I'm quite serious.

What would you like me to do, would you like me to take a picture of my drive or something?

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009

Posting your review here would be useful. I'm sure plenty of people are interested in a review of the new Vertex 3 drives especially if you've got something negative to say. Chances are it's not going to get deleted here unless it violates the forum rules.

I highly doubt this has anything to do with OCZ.

FYI, most or all potential issues should be fixed with firmware updates. Check back every month or so.

I've been very happy with my OCZ Vertex 2's performance. I'm getting up to 700MB/second; I've had my SSD's (60GB 3xRAID0) for about 4 months and three firmware updates (no known issues). If I had to do it over though I'd stick with a single drive, not RAID0 due to the lack of TRIM and issues with updating (you need to be VERY TECHY just to upgrade RAID SSD's.)

*I discovered when creating my RAID0 that I actually had THREE RAID options on my motherboard. The Marvell one was horrible and the maximum bandwidth was surprisingly low. The INTEL ICH setup works great. They really need to tell you what bandwidths a particular motherboard RAID controller can handle.

When prices drop, and a few firmware updates the Vertex 3 is really going to be awesome. Note that the Vertex 3 now is maxing out the SATA3 (SATA600) bandwidth of roughly 600MB/second. SATA 4? I think we'll see a lot more PCIe solutions which use their own controller chips. PCIe v3 will offer 1GB per lane. If you have 32 lanes that's up to 32GB/second. See how much bandwidth PCIe will offer compared to SATA? And SSD's, unlike hard drives, will increase speed very quickly. Vertex 3 is 2x faster because it has an internal RAID0 setup. They can simply repeat the process easily (as long as it's reliable) and get speeds of multiple GB/second.

(yeah, I want a 2TB SSD with 5000MB/second speeds. You laugh, but Intel made one like it already.)

Scytus

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
I completely disagree. Of all the SSD manufacturers, I've known OCZ to be the most..finnicky. Their Vertex 2 dilemma didn't help them either.

When I bought, I wasn't looking for reliability and company practices, I just wanted performance. I actually posted on their own forums concerning the low random benchmarks I saw, and they told me it would have no noticeable differences. THEN, a user discovers the part number of other Vertex 3 drives about to hit, a "MaxIO" version. They essentially withheld information to make a sale with me.

The performance I wanted, I did not get, and as a result I left a review. If OCZ pulled that review, I'm committed to spreading the word that they are indeed the shadiest company I've ever dealt with.

Some users are saying that I should just wait, and it happens sometimes to reviews. So I am waiting. I will update this thread accordingly.

kasket

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
As someone who has been starring at this drive on newegg for more than a few weeks. Including trying to refresh and buy for it's last ETA that came and went with no luck. After just reading this i jumped over to newegg and it does show 2 bad eggs but when you click on those reviews, none show up. I know for a fact there was at least 1 posted last week and the person gave it a bad egg because it was DOA. All I can say is it's odd at the least.

Solution

bdlcks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Been a newegg customer for a long time and that they are even still selling OCZ drives should be investigated for sure IMO. A company is still profiting from defective parts. I am pissed off right now myself

C76rAhuXA

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I recently posted a review on Newegg regarding a Brother printer which was not complementary, although all true and factual. I asked Brother to contact me in the review. I checked back periodically over a period of weeks. I never received a response. When I checked the posting today it has been removed from the website along with 3 other postings that were previously posted. I have done business with Newegg for over 10 years but in light of this behavior I will look for alternatives in the future. I feel it is disingenuous to ask for user feedback and then be selective in what you post. This was a fact based review that pointed out a fault in the toner sensors for the printer in question that caused me to replace cartridges that were perfectly good.

techbasekid

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013