Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best Fans for OC'ing with a CM 212+

Last response: in Overclocking
August 12, 2011 6:24:58 PM

Hi All,

Have a few questions that roll into the same topic. I just got a i5k and I'm looking for a cooler so I can OC more efficently because my stock isn't cutting it. At this point I'm 99% sure I'm going to get the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+. I want to keep this thing as cool as possible, but because I'm kind of a looks snob I want to put 2 blue LED fans on the cooler to match the others. Here's my questions.

1. I read somewhere that on the CPU I need to have the back exaust fan to be equal or more powerful (in CFM?) than the front intake fan. What are the general rules regarding this, or is it that simple?

2. Any recommendations on good and high CFM blue LED fans? I've found a few on NewEgg, but wouldn't mind better.

3. If you wanted to spend no more than $50 on a cooler, which would you by for an i5k? I have no problem dropping the Hyper 212+ if you can make a compelling argument. Just curious. My mobo is a Gig Z68XP-UD4 LGA 1155.

Thanks guys (and ladies).

- Hidegski

- Intel i5 2500k
- ASUS P8P67 LE
- EVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1600)

More about : fans ing 212

Best solution

a c 78 K Overclocking
August 13, 2011 6:24:58 AM

no one will throw an argument towards a Hyper 212+ purchase because it does so well for a bloke with such a good price, its earned the bang-for-buck badge here on Tom's and on other forums as well.

the exhaust should be higher that the intake or at least have the same intake and exhaust.

maybe the megahelms shadow but the hyper is by far the better choise :) 

my 2 cents.
P.S; go for noctua NF P-12,cooloer master, Scythe gentle typhoon/slipstream or sharkoon SE fans if you're not going LED
go for enermax, xigmatek or noiseblockers for LED
August 16, 2011 6:48:02 PM

Best answer selected by Hidegski.
Score
Related resources
a c 78 K Overclocking
August 16, 2011 9:14:29 PM

Thank YOU for the vote :)  enjoy the purchase. If you need anything else, I'm just a PM away.
Score
a c 389 K Overclocking
August 16, 2011 9:20:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!