Have a few questions that roll into the same topic. I just got a i5k and I'm looking for a cooler so I can OC more efficently because my stock isn't cutting it. At this point I'm 99% sure I'm going to get the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+. I want to keep this thing as cool as possible, but because I'm kind of a looks snob I want to put 2 blue LED fans on the cooler to match the others. Here's my questions.
1. I read somewhere that on the CPU I need to have the back exaust fan to be equal or more powerful (in CFM?) than the front intake fan. What are the general rules regarding this, or is it that simple?
2. Any recommendations on good and high CFM blue LED fans? I've found a few on NewEgg, but wouldn't mind better.
3. If you wanted to spend no more than $50 on a cooler, which would you by for an i5k? I have no problem dropping the Hyper 212+ if you can make a compelling argument. Just curious. My mobo is a Gig Z68XP-UD4 LGA 1155.
Thanks guys (and ladies).
- Intel i5 2500k
- ASUS P8P67 LE
- EVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1600)