P5N-D mobo-i need to set timings and clueless

paulson31

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
k guys according to ASUS website MOD the P5N-d mobo doesn`t like auto timings so i need to set them manually. my memory is PN OCZ2N800SR4GK PC2 6400 5-4-4@2.1v sli ready edition duel channel. I am clueless as to how to navigate setup to do this. will someone knowledgable with the P5N-D MOBO tell me exactly what paths to take in setup to accomplish what i need to do. PS i only have about 15 to 20 seconds to get this done before i freeze up. thx in advance for your help and tom`s hardware rocks :)

Solution
Just check the memory specs; they should be listed on the manufacturer's website or newegg.com. Or check the label. To change the timings, change from auto to manual. If the voltage is correct for your ram, save and exit. I wouldn't change any timings; just leave it in manual mode. If your system is stable, then you're done. If you set a timing that doesn't work, then your board won't post, and you have to reset the bios using the cmos jumper or remove the board battery with the system off. Not worth the hassle, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
Just check the memory specs; they should be listed on the manufacturer's website or newegg.com. Or check the label. To change the timings, change from auto to manual. If the voltage is correct for your ram, save and exit. I wouldn't change any timings; just leave it in manual mode. If your system is stable, then you're done. If you set a timing that doesn't work, then your board won't post, and you have to reset the bios using the cmos jumper or remove the board battery with the system off. Not worth the hassle, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS